Brewer Fanatic

Trade Rumor: Brewers vying for OF Andrew Benintendi

2 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I just don’t see how this makes sense for New York given their odds of facing the Jays in the second round.

And besides, how badly do the Yankees really need another bat?

They don't really need another bat but a dependable CF is something they Yankees do need.  After King went down with his injury the #1 option is getting a few more relief pitchers.  

7 hours ago, BrewCrewBlueDevil said:

Benintendi for Hiura, Valerio, Erceg and Shook

Was just thinking who the highest ranked prospects I’d be willing to trade for Benny are & Valerio/Hiura is what I came up with too. 

2 minutes ago, sveumrules said:

Was just thinking who the highest ranked prospects I’d be willing to trade for Benny are & Valerio/Hiura is what I came up with too. 

Yep. As a pure rental, Benintendi is simply not going to get into Wiemer/Frelick/Turang/Mitchell territory. Why I like him and his fit. 

6 hours ago, sveumrules said:

I'd dislike giving up Valerio, to be honest. But it can be justified since they're starting to build a little bit of INF depth in the organization, and now you can add Brown to that mix.

6 hours ago, sveumrules said:

I'd dislike giving up Valerio, to be honest. But it can be justified since they're starting to build a little bit of INF depth in the organization, and now you can add Brown to that mix.