Brewer Fanatic

Hader's recent struggles related to release point change?

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't know if this has anything to do with his performance or not, but he and his wife just had their first child. I know when my wife and I had our first child I was sleep deprived and pretty much non-functional for several months. I can't imagine trying to keep up with an MLB schedule and close out games with a newborn at home. 

I don't know if that's what's going on, but I think he'll be fine once he gets through the early stages of being a first-time dad. Sometimes I think fans forget that these guys are human, and the same things that affect us "normal folk" affect them as well.

I hope the Haders are enjoying every minute of parenthood, but I also hope Josh got a few full nights of sleep during the All Star break.

• Like 1

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I've seen the newborn thing plenty of other places. Are his wife and kid with him on the road too? Do they even live with him in Milwaukee? He's a reliever and sometimes relievers just suck for a little while for whatever reason. Hopefully this is just a short blip and not him being toast as also tends to happen with these guys.

7 hours ago, jerichoholicninja said:

I've seen the newborn thing plenty of other places. Are his wife and kid with him on the road too? Do they even live with him in Milwaukee? He's a reliever and sometimes relievers just suck for a little while for whatever reason. Hopefully this is just a short blip and not him being toast as also tends to happen with these guys.

I think if his wife/child are not with him even in Milwaukee would make things just as bad.  I don't think him being on the road makes a difference 

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM