Brewer Fanatic

Article: Brewer Fanatic Community Awards: 2022 First Half

Welcome to the first presentation of our community awards! A few times a year, we take a moment to recognize the community participants who make this site a great place to talk Brewers. Here are our inaugural winners.

We've been doing this at Twins Daily for a couple of years now and it only seemed right to carry that tradition to Brewer Fanatic. The first half of 2022 has been a rollercoaster as we transitioned to the new name, new software platform, and added a ton of features. But at the core of this work is you, the community members who visit every day and provide the best Milwaukee Brewers discussion anywhere on the internet.

With that said, let's get into it!

Top Posts of the first half of 2022 goes to…
Honorable Mention:
Covid and Lorenzo Cain are sensitive subjects around here. While most showed regret how Cain stumbled out of MLB after being such a great player for so long, others weren't as kind to him, going as far to complain about him opting out of the shortened 2020 season out of concern over Covid. In defense of Cain, @JRob1125 posted the second most popular post in the first half. It's somewhat controversial to highlight this post but I'm not the one who liked this post a bunch of times. Don't shoot the messenger!

The Top Post and Prize Winner: I know, I know. This is going to seem self-aggrandizing but it's the most popular post on the site! I don't know what I'm supposed to do here, folks. Praising the transition to the new Brewer Fanatic, @edfunderburk talks about their Brewer fandom, background, and how much they enjoy the new site. We enjoy it too, edfunderburk, and thank you for the praise. Without the community behind us, we'd just be hollering in the dark. And I do that enough already, thanks.

Your prize? This really cool set of vintage Union 76 Brewers glasses. I hope you enjoy them through a deep October run!

image.jpeg

Top Blog Entry of the first half of 2022 goes to...
Blogging is hard. We don't receive many user blogs here on Brewer Fanatic (yet). In time, I hope that will change but in the meantime, several of you ventured into those treacherous waters and gave it a shot. The most popular of them was @CheeseheadInQC and their entry The Carolina number that matters most. I love this entry, as it highlights the lack of organizational strength in Latin America over the past couple of decades and how it feels like the pendulum might be swinging back in the right direction. Minor league coverage is what sets this site apart from others and user-contributed efforts like this are a key part of that coverage. Well done, CheeseheadInQC.

For this stellar effort, you receive the "aw, what might have been" prize of a vintage 1982 Brewers World Championship pennant. It stings a little to look at it but it sure is cool. We hope you enjoy it.

image.jpeg

Prolific Posters of the first half of 2022
Honorable Mention:
@Joseph Zarr is the Brewer Fanatic equivalent of Roy Kent. He's here. He's there. He's every-*******-where! The front page. The forums. Blog comments. No one can escape his enthusiasm and this site is the better for it. Thanks for all you do and keep up the minor league reports, Joseph!

The Most Prolific Poster and Prize Winner: A game thread staple and constant source of analysis-forward conversation, @Brewcrew82 is the most popular poster of the first half of the 2022 season. Congratulations and thank you for the literal hundreds of great comments over the past three months!

The reward for that great content is a personal favorite of mine: an autographed 1986 Teddy Higuera Topps card. As a nine year old living in northern Wisconsin, Higuera captured my interest and started me on my long path of baseball fandom. I'm thrilled to pass this on to another Brewers fan for them to enjoy.

image.jpeg

We cannot thank all of you enough for the amazing contributions, advice, and input you've given us as we've begun our journey with Brewer Fanatic. None of this is possible without the community that powers it. Here's to another successful four months and GO CREW!

See you again in the offseason with our second half awards so if you want to make the next cut, get typing!

View full article

• Like 1