Brewer Fanatic

Players earning a promotion by next year.

I wanted to see how many position players were earning a promotion, no later than the beginning of next season. Getting players to advance is key to having a productive organization.

This is based only on hitting, and not fielding or the "hype" the player has. It's a very small sample for the rookie teams, and the numbers might look greatly different by the end of the season. 
Of course, there has to be a place to put them. It looks like we'll be able to clear out a bunch of older players off Nashville. The players I list for promotions from Nashville might have to wait for an injury to someone.

Nashville

Feliciano, C

Turang, SS, CF

Biloxi

Monasterio, INF

Devanney, SS-3B

Diaz, C

Frelick, CF-LF

Lutz, RF-CF

Wiemer, RF-CF

Mitchell, CF-RF

Campbell LF-1B

Wisconsin

Black, 2B-CF

Peters, LF-RF

Acosta, 2B

Miller, C

Carolina

Chourio, CF

Quero, C

Garcia, SS

ACL-Gold

Areinamo, SS-2B

Castillo, RF-LF

Caballero, 2B

ACL-Blue

Avina, CF

Guillarte, SS

Perez, 2B

DSL-1

Ordonez, C

Lara, CF

Rodriguez, 1B

DSL-2

Perez, 1B-OF

Oropeza, C

Baez, SS

I'll look at pitchers in a couple of days.

• Like 1

Good list. Outside of not being as bullish on Feliciano making the MLB roster, it is tough to quibble with on a should basis.

As for will, trades, injuries or a surprise promotion to Milwaukee could change things, but I don’t see them promoting the five outfielders to Nashville en masse. They will probably want an Almonte/Dahl type or two, leaving Lutz and Campbell teaming with Peters and, when healthy, Rodriguez in Biloxi.

I could also see Valerio getting moved up, and Eduarqui Fernandez probably has done enough for a now or never move up to Carolina next year.

• Like 1

Might be a not popular opinion, but I could see Frelick skipping AAA altogether next year. Will have an obvious roster crunch in OF there it seems as pointed out, and his profile (batted ball skills/good defense/speed) doesn’t seem like it would be necessary to play in Nashville. Who knows though

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheeAirbender said:

Might be a not popular opinion, but I could see Frelick skipping AAA altogether next year. Will have an obvious roster crunch in OF there it seems as pointed out, and his profile (batted ball skills/good defense/speed) doesn’t seem like it would be necessary to play in Nashville. Who knows though

When Wiemer was raking at the beginning of the season, I thought he was the best bet to take Cain's roster spot. Some guys get promoted to the majors with little or no time at AAA all the time. IMO, Frelick is past due getting promoted, because they could use another OF in Nashville (and they have a surplus of good OF in Biloxi)..

FWIW, Steamer projects both Frelick and Wiemer to have low 700 OPS this year, similar to Tyrone Taylor.  So this is not a terrible idea.  It would be starting the clock really early for both players.  (Wiemer by one year and Frelick by two).  That is unusual for the Brewers but if they are the best option we have, they may do it.  Both project to hit better than Jonathan Davis.  So short of a trade, this makes sense.

https://www.fangraphs.com/projections.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&type=steamer600u&team=23&lg=all&players=0

• Like 1

I'm hoping Frelick is ready in '23 (I wouldn't dismiss him in '22 if needed, but it's a longshot based mainly on them not upgrading CF in the next 10 days).

Feliciano can make things interesting next March if he improves his defense.

Agree on Valerio repeating Biloxi due to his age. Really like the quality of the kids' ABs.

It would be interesting to see where we'd be if Mitchell & Frelick had been healthy all season. There's usually a "AAAA" guy or two at Nashville so someone (Campbell?) might be repeating next year. 

• Like 1

I would love to see Avina to A-, Churio to HiA, Peters to AA, Frelick to AAA. 

Ideally all this week, but most likely in good time. Mitchell needs more reps at AA, Wiemer needs to get that batting avg up, Lara needs to get a bit older in Arizona, and Bello needs to get healthy.