Brewer Fanatic

NEW FEATURE QUESTION: Trade Rumors page, please read and comment

On something of a lark, I just rolled this out on Twins Daily:

https://twinsdaily.com/minnesota-twins-trade-rumors-targets/

Now, this works a lot like a forum thread but the added bonus is that the first post is embedded in the index page (and the page is permanent) so you can just scroll through the trade rumors without clicking. If you want to click into the post, you can comment there like normal.

If you want to use the forums, anyone who creates a new trade rumor will have a thread posted in the forums prefaced with "Trade Rumor:".

Is this something we might be interested in here? I think having a readily-available page that can be scrolled without clicking has a lot of appeal but if no one is interested in using it, that's okay, too.

Adding a new rumor is just like creating a thread and it cross-posts to the forums automatically. I think this might help automatically distinguish some of the different forms of threads we get here and any user might spot a tweet or a post on MLBTR, just hop over here, and repost it for everyone to read.

Is this cool? Is it something we're interested in trying out for the coming deadline?

There was a clicakble banner that was for a new feature where trade rumors would be "collected" as part of the daily news while remaining a post in the forum.  While looking at what they entailed at Twins Daily, the popup disappeared when Homer added the Hader/release point post and for the life of me I can't find a post to respond to so here goes.

In theory I like the idea.  The issue is that we already have a specific forum to discuss these while Twins Daily appears to have them in the main Twins forum.  If you wanted to implement it I think it would work, but it may just be redundancy that has minimal impact.  I like having links to the top topics in the Daily News and the "abstract" for the topic so you have more info to choose to enter the topic.  I wouldn't put it at the top of your to do list, but I would support adding the feature.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NBBrewFan said:

There was a clicakble banner that was for a new feature where trade rumors would be "collected" as part of the daily news while remaining a post in the forum.  While looking at what they entailed at Twins Daily, the popup disappeared when Homer added the Hader/release point post and for the life of me I can't find a post to respond to so here goes.

In theory I like the idea.  The issue is that we already have a specific forum to discuss these while Twins Daily appears to have them in the main Twins forum.  If you wanted to implement it I think it would work, but it may just be redundancy that has minimal impact.  I like having links to the top topics in the Daily News and the "abstract" for the topic so you have more info to choose to enter the topic.  I wouldn't put it at the top of your to do list, but I would support adding the feature.

The topic was in the rumors and proposals forum so I merged the topic you created.

This is more of an “in addition to” than a real change. The forum topics would populate in this forum and be readable in both places. We’re seeing surprising success with this feature on Twins Daily so I may try to replicate it here if I have time. 

Now that it's trade deadline week, here's how I view this specific trade rumor function.

I'm going to check MLBTR a few times a day because I am interested in league-wide news. If it's Brewer-related, I'm going to come back here to discuss it. 

So, becuase I regularly use MLBTR, I'm relatively indifferent toward this feature. 

The Draft Tracker is a "Heck Yes."

This trade rumor page is a "OK, neat."

• Like 1