Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Minor League first half MVPs

Big league club just hit their halfway mark so we can use that for the minors I suppose.

Chourio is getting the latest hype but I think Weimer has to be our first half position player of the year. Cam Robinson was great to watch up here in Appleton but Boushley might be the MVP of the entire Sounds team. 

I'm going with Boushley and Weimer as our first half pitching and position players of the year.

Thoughts?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Hmmmmm, good one.

Caveats: Wiemer was shelved with a mysterious hand/thumb injury for a spell - I want to say 6-7 games consecutive off-hand (?) - and has been a major slump since. Chourio was promoted and has been fantastic but hasn't played an entire half season by any measure - promoted May 3rd, if I recall. 

So, with this being said, I'm going:

Jakson Reetz - in the top 1-5 of every major offensive category in the Southern League and a steady presence in the line-up daily

Cam Robinson - he has been that good for the entire season essentially, was way atop the Saves leaderboard in the Midwest League and led all of Minor League baseball, went the entire month of May without surrendering a run and if I recall was 11/11 in Saves?