Brewer Fanatic

Assignment - Rule 5 Draft Eligibility

Jace was 30 when he cam to the Brewers. I actually think the Brewers need guys like Cam Devanney to produce if they are going to be successful, get them cheap in their prime years and then get rid of them on the other side of 30 when they start to decline and get expensive. Again, he appears to be a sure fire callup during 2023 if he stays in the organization so they should have just protected him.

3 hours ago, Outlander said:

Jace was 30 when he cam to the Brewers. I actually think the Brewers need guys like Cam Devanney to produce if they are going to be successful, get them cheap in their prime years and then get rid of them on the other side of 30 when they start to decline and get expensive. Again, he appears to be a sure fire callup during 2023 if he stays in the organization so they should have just protected him.

The only benefit I can see for not putting him on the 40 is not having to use an option if he's not promoted to MKE in 2023.