Brewer Fanatic

rhp chi chi gonzalez designated for assignment

djoctagone

And they didn't lose!!  

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

35 minutes ago, Opening Day said:

4 innings, 3 ER x 2 isn’t the greatest, but off the scrap heap in an emergency it could have been worse (I mean nothing s worse than losing to the Cardinals, but still)

The Cardinals won that battle but in the process may have lost the war because they sent out Flaherty who clearly wasn't 100% and now he left the game today after 2IP with shoulder issues.

1 hour ago, LouisEly said:

The Cardinals won that battle but in the process may have lost the war because they sent out Flaherty who clearly wasn't 100% and now he left the game today after 2IP with shoulder issues.

Thats the reason I dont criticize the Brewers for being overly cautious with injuries.  Id rather ride it out and get players back 100% than getting them back a few games early and then aggravating those injuries and having them miss another few weeks.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Opening Day said:

Thats the reason I dont criticize the Brewers for being overly cautious with injuries.  Id rather ride it out and get players back 100% than getting them back a few games early and then aggravating those injuries and having them miss another few weeks.

Exactly. This team is very much focused on winning over the season as a whole, not on winning each individual game. Naturally, those two goals overlap the vast majority of the time, but when they don't it's clear that the Brewers focus more long term. You see it in every aspect of squad building, roster management, reliever usage, pitcher work loads, how injuries are handled etc. Which is where I think the minority of fans who don't think CC is a good manager mostly comes from, not considering the difference between the two focuses. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...