Brewer Fanatic

rhp chi chi gonzalez designated for assignment

djoctagone

Gross. His season and career numbers are absolutely atrocious. Urena is better. Assuming he'll be used in long relief, why not just recall Ethan Small? His stuff currently plays better out of the bullpen and would continue the trend of our young pitchers starting their careers out in a relief role. 

• WHOA SOLVDD 1

27 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Gross. His season and career numbers are absolutely atrocious. Urena is better. Assuming he'll be used in long relief, why not just recall Ethan Small? His stuff currently plays better out of the bullpen and would continue the trend of our young pitchers starting their careers out in a relief role. 

Oh boy. You're going to have a bunch of people come by and say, "well he's the 26th man, so who really cares."

I actually agree with you. This guy is terrible and does not belong on an MLB roster, much less the roster of a contender. 

This is the type of guy I would not trust to protect a 5-6 run lead. 

Yuck. 

• Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

It always baffles me how a guy like this can get 4 years of service times and be so bad while others never get their chance. I guess if it is between Chi Chi and Kelley I don't really care. Imagine this is an easy DFA once some of these pitchers get healthy. However, would rather Sadzeck get a shot as he actually has had success in his limited time in the majors and has put in his time with the Brewers minors the last couple of seasons.

• Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

5 minutes ago, Outlander said:

It always baffles me how a guy like this can get 4 years of service times and be so bad while others never get their chance. I guess if it is between Chi Chi and Kelley I don't really care. Imagine this is an easy DFA once some of these pitchers get healthy. However, would rather Sadzeck get a shot as he actually has had success in his limited time in the majors and has put in his time with the Brewers minors the last couple of seasons.

• WHOA SOLVDD 1

4 minutes ago, folly412 said:

If both Sadzeck and Gonzalez being added, is there another injury and/or current pitchers on the IL with injuries are much worse than expected?  

Trevor Kelley being sent back down to AAA is hopefully one of the corresponding moves. Not sure about any others. Maybe baby Hader time? 

• Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

14 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Given how demolished the rotation is right now, stashing a guy like Gonzalez at the back of the bullpen in a "break glass in case of emergency" situation isn't a terrible idea.

It seems like giving any inning to a guy who hasn't had a FIP under 5 since 2015 is a terrible idea. What does he bring that literally anyone in AAA doesn't? A track record of being absolutely terrible?

52 minutes ago, timpep said:

It seems like giving any inning to a guy who hasn't had a FIP under 5 since 2015 is a terrible idea. What does he bring that literally anyone in AAA doesn't? A track record of being absolutely terrible?

Fungibility. No one cares if he sits on the bench for eight days without pitching, nor does anyone care if you throw him to the wolves in a long outing and then cut him the next morning.

Whereas the front office cares very much about the workload and playing time of Ethan Small.

• Like 2

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
37 minutes ago, djoctagone said:

Thought this would be the case after Ashby landed on the IR today. I'm cautiously optimistic. If he can let up only a couple in 4 innings, I'll be happy

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
7 hours ago, wildcat2237 said:

This Chi Chi Gonzales thing reminds me of Zack Godley from last year. Dude does not belong anywhere near the team but is starting. Not likely to end well. 

Yeah, I predict this will go poorly. But hopefully with Woodruff doing his rehab assignment, and Ashby predicted to not be down long, it will be a very short-term thing. 

Today is MLBs free game of the day, so hopefully a lot of offense ?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM