Brewer Fanatic

Mon. 6/13 - Typical Monday Limited to DSL and ACL Action

damuelle

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If you're overly-excited about Venezuelan $1.1 million bonus, switch-hitting OF Luis Lara's hot start through 5 games (.478 AVG / .500 OBP / .609 SLG through 24 plate appearances, with 1 walk, 1 strikeout and zero stolen bases), well let me tell ya:

• He's hit his first official minor league home run today.
  • Like 4

By the way, 2021 Venezuelan signee left-handed hitting OF Yeison Perez has hit his 3rd home run through 5 games this year. This is an exceptional turn-around from his 1-homer, 41-K, 9-walk performance last year (.626 OPS in 167 plate appearances in 2021).

Yes, we have multiple Yeison's in the organization as we corner this particularly promising sub-segment of the market.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damuelle said:

If you're overly-excited about Venezuelan $1.1 million bonus, switch-hitting OF Luis Lara's hot start through 5 games (.478 AVG / .500 OBP / .609 SLG through 24 plate appearances, with 1 walk, 1 strikeout and zero stolen bases), well let me tell ya:

• He's hit his first official minor league home run today.

Baseball America’s Brewers international signing review led with Lara, making me think they might have already considered him a better prospect than Barrios or Severino this spring. The way he is hitting (and with a low strikeout rate) makes me think if the Brewers are comfortable with him going through the stateside move in-season, he might be in the ACL in a couple of weeks if all goes well.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, damuelle said:

By the way, 2021 Venezuelan signee left-handed hitting OF Yeison Perez has hit his 3rd home run through 5 games this year. This is an exceptional turn-around from his 1-homer, 41-K, 9-walk performance last year (.626 OPS in 167 plate appearances in 2021).

Yes, we have multiple Yeison's in the organization as we corner this particularly promising sub-segment of the market.

Any time the Brewers PD account tweets about somebody who hasn’t had great numbers, I take notice. They tweeted this one out for Yeison last year.

Nice to see some results early on this year!

• Like 2