Brewer Fanatic

c alex hall clears outright waivers

djoctagone

alex hall has his contract selected from class-a wisconsin. he has three minor league options. if the club has three players on the covid-19 injured list, the brewers can return hall to the minor leagues without outright waivers.

hall is likely a stopgap measure, given the proximity of grand chute to milwaukee. he'll likely clear outright waivers if the brewers wish to remove him from the 40-man roster.

i imagine that one of mario feliciano or alex jackson will be recalled and join the club tomorrow.

the brewers (and hall) are fortunate that the timber rattlers were on a homestand in grand chute.

24 minutes ago, edfunderburk said:

Was he on the Brewers 40-man roster or was this an emergency (COVID) exception?

Will Jackson return tomorrow from Nashville?

Any chance we could see the red-hot Feliciano?

Unlikely on Feliciano his defense is not ready at catcher.  You can hide a good bat in the OF or at 1B but you can't hide bad defense at catcher.  There are just way too many things that can go wrong defensively at the catcher position.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edfunderburk said:

Was he on the Brewers 40-man roster or was this an emergency (COVID) exception?

as the thread title states, his contract was selected. it is possible that hall will be optioned to class a wisconsin, but the more likely outcome is that he'll be placed on outright waivers. any team will have a chance to claim him.

See? This is the problem with all you young whippersnappers being fine with 13 or 14 pitchers on a roster. In the old days, you had John Felske sitting out in the bullpen eating sunflower seeds. Problem solved.?

Seriously, I noticed Feliciano wasn't in the lineup last night for N'ville. Was wondering if that meant anything.

• WHOA SOLVDD 1

16 hours ago, djoctagone said:

yes, likely that, but i'm curious if vaccination status factored in to the decision. i don't know what hall's vaccination status is, but wouldn't it be something if that factored in to the club's decision?

And why would vaccination status matter in the slightest bit for an emergency catcher called up for one game?  Wouldn't it have to do with location and lack of risk of losing player while passing them through waivers, as others have mentioned?

Just now, Jopal78 said:

Excellent day for him. Limo down to Milwaukee, official major league uniform, major league clubhouse buffet, and $5,000 in his pocket for watching the game from the dugout. 

Plus gets to learn from MLB players and coaches.

You knew me as Myday2001.

1 hour ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

Seriously, I noticed Feliciano wasn't in the lineup last night for N'ville. Was wondering if that meant anything.

Jackson was in the original lineup, then was updated and out of it by game time. Thinking it's him, but we should know the move soon.

1 hour ago, Jopal78 said:

Excellent day for him. Limo down to Milwaukee, official major league uniform, major league clubhouse buffet, and $5,000 in his pocket for watching the game from the dugout. 

Also gets lifetime health insurance

• Like 1

Verified Member
3 hours ago, MVP2110 said:

Also gets lifetime health insurance

I don't think you get any major benefits from one day of service time, unfortunately. (Other than the one day of MLB pay!)