Brewer Fanatic

St. Louis

Patrick425

My son and I are heading down to St. Louis to catch the game on Thursday.  We have a morning tee time...but it appears it may be a rainy day. Anyone familiar with St. Louis that has any ideas on how to kill a few hours on a weekday in St. Louis (other than the Arch) in case we get rained out for golf? My son is 24...so does not need to be a "kid oriented" activity. 

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

1) Anheuser-Busch brewery tour
2) (see #1)
3) Venice Cafe as long as you're by the brewery
4) Bogart's Smokehouse for lunch (get there early)
5) Social Bar & Grill/Social House Soulard for drinks (just trust me on this one...)

• Like 1

The St. Louis Science Center is free and interesting. There is a planetarium and IMAX inside if you want to pay extra. The Missouri History Museum is also free. City Musuem is fun but won't be as much fun when raining since the rooftop and outside areas will likely be closed. 

13 hours ago, LouisEly said:

1) Anheuser-Busch brewery tour
2) (see #1)
3) Venice Cafe as long as you're by the brewery
4) Bogart's Smokehouse for lunch (get there early)
5) Social Bar & Grill/Social House Soulard for drinks (just trust me on this one...)

This - this is a great list.

Forest Park, which has an art museum and zoo is pretty nice. Zoo might not be great in the rain, but was raining off and on when we were there and was ok.

Should definitely eat at Pappy’s Smokehouse. Awesome ribs and deep fried corn on the cob.

Brewery probably a better choice than the park though.

My wife and I also enjoyed Forest Park, particularly the zoo (which was free when we were there several years ago.)  She's big into animals so it was a natural to go there and waste some time during the (hot) day.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.