Brewer Fanatic

Article: The Weekly: Mythological catchers

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Bold article @Brent Sirvio. I appreciate the discussions it is provoking in the comment sections! And, I thank you for your thoughts and elocution.

I have to go the way of my good cohorts @CheeseheadInQC, @sveumrules, and @Ron Robinsons Beard: I fairly quickly and easily disagree with your premise and conclusions. I would also point out, and I believe it is worth mentioning: when you win a Cy Young with a young Ace having the best season of his career and your entire starting staff has outlier seasons of excellence the catcher definitely plays a part and deserves some accolades in that ring of successes and celebrations. From a Brewers fan perspective, 2021 was a year to celebrate after Narvaez's ho-hum 2020. But, really, on a personal level: I simply do not place judgments of any kind on the COVID year that was 2020. The world was unhinged, a true mess, and athletic routines were up-ended just as all our lives experienced the same. 

When I look at the Brewers roster, and when I watch Brewers games, Omar Narvaez and his overall play is very very far down the list of things I complain about. The true sunk cost, as it currently plays out, on this Brewers roster pretty clearly resides in the left field grass batting third in the lineup. ?