Brewer Fanatic

Article: Contreras Needs Reality Check on Brewers' Hit-by-Pitches

4 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

The thing is that standing on the plate and HBP is legitimately a skill that can and is repeated. It's super weird to knowingly execute that skill and then complain when you're awarded a base for it.

Unless you have so little self awareness that you don't realize you're executing that skill effectively... I guess that's legitimately a possibility but it seems really unlikely.

Yeah, you didn't see Craig Biggio complaining about being hit. 

I wonder if Hughie Jennings did!! Two more HBP than Biggio in about 40% of the plate appearances!! 

Rank Player (yrs, age) Hit By Pitch PA Bats
1. Hughie Jennings+ (18) 287 5648 R
2. Craig Biggio+ (20) 285 12504 R
3. Tommy Tucker (13) 272 7273 B
4. Don Baylor (19) 267 9401 R
5. Jason Kendall (15) 254 8702 R
6. Ron Hunt (12) 243 6158 R
7. Dan McGann (12) 230 6057 B
8. Chase Utley (16) 204 7863 L
9. Frank Robinson+ (21) 198 11744 R
10. Minnie Minoso+ (20) 197 8233 R

4 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

The thing is that standing on the plate and HBP is legitimately a skill that can and is repeated. It's super weird to knowingly execute that skill and then complain when you're awarded a base for it.

Unless you have so little self awareness that you don't realize you're executing that skill effectively... I guess that's legitimately a possibility but it seems really unlikely.

Yeah, you didn't see Craig Biggio complaining about being hit. 

I wonder if Hughie Jennings did!! Two more HBP than Biggio in about 40% of the plate appearances!! 

Rank Player (yrs, age) Hit By Pitch PA Bats
1. Hughie Jennings+ (18) 287 5648 R
2. Craig Biggio+ (20) 285 12504 R
3. Tommy Tucker (13) 272 7273 B
4. Don Baylor (19) 267 9401 R
5. Jason Kendall (15) 254 8702 R
6. Ron Hunt (12) 243 6158 R
7. Dan McGann (12) 230 6057 B
8. Chase Utley (16) 204 7863 L
9. Frank Robinson+ (21) 198 11744 R
10. Minnie Minoso+ (20) 197 8233 R

I'm legitimately not sure if Willson Contreras understands how baseball works. There's an article with comments from him claiming MLB's lack of consistency in punishing players for HBP. He seriously doesn't understand how no Brewers have been suspended while Cubs players have been suspended twice (and the manager once) in the last two seasons.

Willson Contreras sees a lack of consistency in punishment for the Chicago Cubs-Milwaukee Brewers feud - United News Post

Willson, dude, hitting a guy on purpose (or attempting to as they did against Brandon Woodruff last season) is against the rules. Non-intentional HBP are not. It's really that simple.

It's funny how the Cubs keep trying to paint themselves as the victims when they're clearly the aggressors. Am I capable of understanding they want to send the Brewers a message by throwing at Cutch? Sure, fine, but it'd be great if they'd act like adults and not whine about it afterwards like they didn't just blatantly target a guy.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I'm legitimately not sure if Willson Contreras understands how baseball works. There's an article with comments from him claiming MLB's lack of consistency in punishing players for HBP. He seriously doesn't understand how no Brewers have been suspended while Cubs players have been suspended twice (and the manager once) in the last two seasons.

Willson Contreras sees a lack of consistency in punishment for the Chicago Cubs-Milwaukee Brewers feud - United News Post

Willson, dude, hitting a guy on purpose (or attempting to as they did against Brandon Woodruff last season) is against the rules. Non-intentional HBP are not. It's really that simple.

It's funny how the Cubs keep trying to paint themselves as the victims when they're clearly the aggressors. Am I capable of understanding they want to send the Brewers a message by throwing at Cutch? Sure, fine, but it'd be great if they'd act like adults and not whine about it afterwards like they didn't just blatantly target a guy.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

2 hours ago, SeaBass said:

That's some Cardinals level thinking from Willy. Let's also not forget about the Pirates constantly throwing at Braun for years after he "pimped" a game winning homer against them. I can't even remember the last time the Brewers threw at someone (maybe McClung against the Cardinals?) but teams sure love to throw at us.

2 hours ago, SeaBass said:

That's some Cardinals level thinking from Willy. Let's also not forget about the Pirates constantly throwing at Braun for years after he "pimped" a game winning homer against them. I can't even remember the last time the Brewers threw at someone (maybe McClung against the Cardinals?) but teams sure love to throw at us.