Brewer Fanatic

Article: Christian Yelich Should Bat Leadoff for the Milwaukee Brewers

Yelich should be considered for Leadoff.  He's great at swiping bags when he gets on. The concern for OBP is an odd concern. Hey should see better protection with the 2 and 3hitters to bat behind him with 0 outs.  If Yeli can find a way back towards MVP Yeli, it will be a simple move back to 3 in the order. 

Doubt it happens because of Wong and Handedness L/R/L. I'd also mention confidence being removed that he's a 3hitter and placed leadoff to start the season might wreck Yelich's psyche even more.  We haven't seen this yet in ST have we?

Let's get the season started and adjust. Hiura hitting bombs again like 2019 could work to Yeli in the 3spots favor.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/29/2022 at 9:50 PM, Tim Muma said:

It's not like being a leadoff guy is a bad thing. It's an extremely important spot in the lineup. Most plate appearances, sets table, get on in front of power hitters. 

Acuna, Jr. and Springer are two guys with pop who were recent, successful leadoff guys on good/great offenses. Like I said, I doubt Counsell does it, but I would like to see it.

Oh no, it isn't a "bad" thing at all. In my world, it's the engine that drives an entire offense. I just want to see how close he can get to 2018/2019 Yelich. If there's a return to even some similarity, he'll be in the 2 or 3 hole, and IMO should be. Let's face it......he very well could stay there regardless. If he's closer to what we saw last year going forward your argument should pick up more steam though.

On 3/29/2022 at 9:50 PM, Tim Muma said:

It's not like being a leadoff guy is a bad thing. It's an extremely important spot in the lineup. Most plate appearances, sets table, get on in front of power hitters. 

Acuna, Jr. and Springer are two guys with pop who were recent, successful leadoff guys on good/great offenses. Like I said, I doubt Counsell does it, but I would like to see it.

Oh no, it isn't a "bad" thing at all. In my world, it's the engine that drives an entire offense. I just want to see how close he can get to 2018/2019 Yelich. If there's a return to even some similarity, he'll be in the 2 or 3 hole, and IMO should be. Let's face it......he very well could stay there regardless. If he's closer to what we saw last year going forward your argument should pick up more steam though.