Brewer Fanatic

Article: Deep Thoughts: Keston Hiura

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

You read the title right. I’m writing about the current Brewers. There’s no Jaha, no Robidoux, no Riles. Instead, let’s talk about Keston Hiura and his return to the majors.

Keston Hiura was a highly-touted prospect for the Brewers when he debuted in 2019. He ended up having a solid rookie campaign and was a key component for the Crew on their run to the playoffs. Since his rookie year, there have been struggles for Hiura, both at the plate and in the field. He’s spent some stretches in AAA, including this month, and was just recalled to the Brewers earlier today.

And hit a walk-off two-run homerun to defeat the Braves 7-6. 

During the past couple of seasons, Hiura has felt the wrath of Brewers fans. You can bet, however, that nobody has been more disappointed in his struggles than Hiura himself. 

I’m rooting for Keston Hiura. It’s tough to say at this point if he has a long-term future with the Brewers. In the world today, there seems to be a lot of people tearing others down. There should be more of people building each other up. That not only applies to sports but all aspects of life. It takes no effort to be kind. So Keston, if you read this, that was great. Keep grinding. Block out the noise from the haters. I’ll be cheering for you, along with many others.

Baseball is a great game. It’s a funny game. It’s a weird game. Sometimes when you least expect it, those that are struggling come up huge. For instance, someone just called up from the minors may get a chance to come to the plate in extra innings. And then a Hiura comes along, with the strength to hit a bomb. 

View full article

• Like 1

All I could think of with your title was the old SNL bit.

Voting Deep Thoughts GIF by Creative Courage

Love the message here. I'm definitely pulling for Hiura even if his fit feels mysterious. If his bat plays, he plays. What a moment today in the eleventh.

All I could think of with your title was the old SNL bit.

Voting Deep Thoughts GIF by Creative Courage

Love the message here. I'm definitely pulling for Hiura even if his fit feels mysterious. If his bat plays, he plays. What a moment today in the eleventh.