Brewer Fanatic

Jackson Chourio - Baseball America Hype

Message added by Brock Beauchamp,

A reminder that you can follow Chourio's progress daily through our prospect tracker, with stats that update nightly!

https://brewerfanatic.com/milwaukee-brewers-top-prospects-rankings/2022/jackson-chourio-r14/

21 minutes ago, Manty Brewer Fan said:

Was just coming to share the same info.  What’s crazy is the hype he was getting for his May numbers and his June numbers are absolutely blowing them out of the water.  He’s got damn near a 1.500 OPS in June.  We may see him in Appleton before long at this rate.  this is some serious Soto level stuff.

Soto, Vlad Jr., Harper, Trout, etc. Tremendous company to keep. 

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
12 hours ago, PlayerHader said:

Just 1-4 tonight…but hit HR #6.

His 1.053 OPS is the only one over .700 in Carolina’s lineup tonight.

That's what always catches my eye when I look at the box scores; he's sooo much better than everyone on his team. Granted, CAR probably is below average offensively as a whole but still the difference between him and the others is astounding.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI but Jackson has a younger brother playing in the CLE system this year...

Here are some early result on the season for him (Jaison)..

Cleveland #Guardians 17-year-old OF prospect Jaison Chourio younger brother of the Brewers Jackson Chourio is off to hot start to his career through first 13 games in the DSL! 

14-47 16R 1(3B) 1HR 11RBI 20BB 9SO 3SB .298 AVG .507 OBP

• 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
51 minutes ago, wibadgers23 said:

Don’t have a subscription to The Athletic but Keith Law has Chourio ranked as the 3rd best prospect in all of baseball in his mid-season rankings.

I think posting this is ok:

1. Jackson Chourio, OF, Milwaukee Brewers

Previous ranking: Unranked

My No. 8 Brewers prospect coming into the season is now their No. 1, as he skipped over the Arizona Complex League and went right to A-ball as an 18-year-old and started to hit for a lot of power, slugging .600 in Low A before a promotion in late July to High A. He’s added a little bit of a stride before he swings, getting his legs more involved, but it looks like a lot of the power just comes from his wrists. He’s at least a 70 runner and a no-doubt centerfielder who gets raves from scouts for his overall feel for the game and on-field demeanor.

• Like 1
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

24 minutes ago, TheeAirbender said:

Baseball America moved Chourio upto #2 in their latest top 100 rankings

Beat me to the update!  This is frickin awesome! 

Also liked Frelick getting back in the top 100 even though Baseball America added all the recent draft picks to this update. 

• Like 1

Got to see him play Saturday in person.  K’d four times and didn’t have too much to do in the outfield, so obviously my impressions aren’t worth much.  But he did not strike me as overwhelmed by the experience.

His numbers are down a bit since he joined the T-Rats, it seems, and I’m kind of excited about this.  If he’s going to be the guy everybody hopes he can be, he will have to show how he responds to the inevitable slumps and struggles of professional ball.  He has his first real opportunity now, and how he finishes the year should be revealing.  Have to remind myself he’s just 18—incredible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...