Brewer Fanatic

andrew mccutchen resinstated from covid-19 injured list

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

Any news on his status?  Is he feeling any better?  How long does a player who test positive have to sit out?  His bat is sorely missed lately...

Counsell said Friday before the game I believe that they're expecting McCutchen back for the Braves series, and that he still hadn't produced two negative COVID tests, which is required for return to play. 

32 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Counsell said Friday before the game I believe that they're expecting McCutchen back for the Braves series, and that he still hadn't produced two negative COVID tests, which is required for return to play. 

Ok, thanks.  We've been stuck with the Marlins announcers in this series.

• Like 1

Any word yet on reinstating McCutchen? The Brewers' site doesn't have anything other than this from McCalvy: 

The Brewers, however, did not immediately activate him. "We need to see him. Let us see him," manager Craig Counsell said. "He has [done some baseball activity] but not to a level that we probably need it. It'll be a quick ramp-up. This is not a long process for him to get back ready, but we have to get him back in the building."

Are they waiting to see if they need to put Adames on the IL before making a move on McCutchen?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

1 hour ago, monty57 said:

Are they waiting to see if they need to put Adames on the IL before making a move on McCutchen?

injured list placements can be backdated three days, and there's an off day on thursday. i'm sure that's factoring in with their decision.

a reminder that the brewers are currently carrying 14 pitchers and 12 position players. they are allowed to carry 14 pitchers through 29 may.

given the lack of depth on the left side of the infield, my money's on a pitcher going down when mccutchen is activated later today.