Brewer Fanatic

I Love Everything About the BrewerFanatic Website

Not sure where to post this so I will start here …

As a lifelong Brewers fan, I have never been so pleased with the volume & quality of Brewers-related content as found here on this “new & improved” website. Thanks to Brock & his team! Truly well done.

This is without question the best $60 investment I will make each year - subscribing to an ad-free BrewerFanatic. I encourage all regular users to contribute to the cause.

I’m here for the forums - but I love the daily minor league game summaries too. There is actually more content than I have time to read - a good problem! 

My undergraduate degree was in journalism - I was a high school & college newspaper editor. Most everyone who knew me in my teen years assumed I would be a sportswriter - but my life went a different direction in college. I’ve been in vocational ministry (as a pastor) for nearly 40 years. Today, I “coach” pastors & churches (https://edfunderburk.cc) all over the nation. My first love, however, was sports journalism. 

All that to say - I appreciate the excellence with which our BrewerFanatic colleagues do their work. Coupled with a few podcasts (Brewers Unfiltered & Locked on Brewers) & my subscription to the Milwaukee Sentinel-Journal (MSJ), I have everything I need to enjoy my beloved Milwaukee Brewers! 

I don’t take these things for granted & want to express my appreciation. 

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, AKCheesehead said:

I love it but I've noticed when I access the site on mobile my battery plummets faster than the fuel gauge on a '79 Lincoln Continental.

I have noticed this, too.

i seem to recall that this was mentioned another time and someone said that it was impossible.  Well, I’m at least the second person that has noticed this.  (iPhone 11, using IOS 15.5). I started writing this post at 9:43 with 70% battery power.  It’s now 9:47 and it’s down to 63%.  No background apps running.  Now maybe my battery is just old and I need an upgrade, but it is possible.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Last night I monitored battery usage, I went from 25% to 4% in the couple minutes it took me to read the 1.5 pages of the Cain DFA thread.  Unless I'm connected to a charger or am about to be, I'm going to stay off the site on mobile.  I've only ever encountered one other site that hits the battery like that and it was some news site I don't recall anymore.  I'm guessing it's from the ads giving it so much to process.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:33 AM, AKCheesehead said:

Last night I monitored battery usage, I went from 25% to 4% in the couple minutes it took me to read the 1.5 pages of the Cain DFA thread.  Unless I'm connected to a charger or am about to be, I'm going to stay off the site on mobile.  I've only ever encountered one other site that hits the battery like that and it was some news site I don't recall anymore.  I'm guessing it's from the ads giving it so much to process.

What kind of phone do you have and what browser are you using? I'll try to replicate this issue as soon as I am able. My phone is an iPhone and I've never seen anything close to this issue happen to me and I'm usually browsing both Twins Daily and Brewer Fanatic at the same time.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:48 PM, pitchleague said:

I have noticed this, too.

i seem to recall that this was mentioned another time and someone said that it was impossible.  Well, I’m at least the second person that has noticed this.  (iPhone 11, using IOS 15.5). I started writing this post at 9:43 with 70% battery power.  It’s now 9:47 and it’s down to 63%.  No background apps running.  Now maybe my battery is just old and I need an upgrade, but it is possible.

Are you using Safari?

1 hour ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

What kind of phone do you have and what browser are you using? I'll try to replicate this issue as soon as I am able. My phone is an iPhone and I've never seen anything close to this issue happen to me and I'm usually browsing both Twins Daily and Brewer Fanatic at the same time.

I have an iphone and have been using safari.  Would you suggest I use Chrome instead?