Brewer Fanatic

mike brosseau and alex jackson optioned to class aaa nashville

19 minutes ago, djoctagone said:

Interesting. Really liked what Brosseau provided against left-handers. Looks like Hiura is staying up for now. If that is indeed the case, Counsell really needs to change the way he's playing him and get him more at-bats against right-handed pitchers, rather than playing him almost exclusively against left-handed pitchers. Hiura's reverse splits just don't support that usage. 

• Like 3

Verified Member

Not a fan of sending Brosseau down, he's been doing his job, but I get it. Just not enough spots. A nice luxury (and one I can't immediately remember) when I am actually upset because the last bench guy on the roster was doing too well to send down.

What happens when Urias is ready, a reliever goes down?

I will defer to Counsell & Stearns, but I’m both surprised & disappointed that Brosseau was sent down

In my opinion, he has outplayed & is more versatile than Huira 

This decision makes no sense to me … Huira has far too many strikeouts 

I’m ready for Urius to return … we certainly need another strong bat 

Brosseau has done his part against lefties, which is what he was brought in for. If Urias is really ready to go then won't be a lot of at bats for Brosseau but would have rather have just kept him over Hiura until Urias is officially back.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
9 hours ago, Tbadder said:

Surprised by the Brosseau move, but I’m starting to get a bad feeling about Rowdy. Are the Brewers seeing something they’re not enamored of in Tellez? 

He just made a start over the weekend against a lefty pitcher. If anything they are giving him more consistent playing time than they did at the beginning of the season. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

He just made a start over the weekend against a lefty pitcher. If anything they are giving him more consistent playing time than they did at the beginning of the season. 

Reverse platoon? A beginning?

21 hours ago, edfunderburk said:

I will defer to Counsell & Stearns, but I’m both surprised & disappointed that Brosseau was sent down

Totally agree.  Hiura just isn't getting enough AB's to keep any momentum he had in spring training and Brosseau has a career .849 OPS vs. LHP

On 5/1/2022 at 10:16 PM, edfunderburk said:

I follow the box scores of the minor league affiliates regularly, sometimes you can get clues as to what the organization is thinking. I'll be watching to see if he plays any 1B at N'ville. Would be a very soft platoon IMO if he ever replaces Hiura on the roster, but he's played there before. Keston needs to lock into the "RF mindset" w/regards to his swing or he'll be in trouble.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
15 hours ago, Portage Plumber said:

No reason to keep petersen.  He has been horrendous.

He was an extremely valuable utility player on last year's 95-win team, but yeah, let's dump him based on a rough 44 ABs to begin the year. Sheesh. I sure am glad Stearns and Arnold run this team. 

Yes, it is totally possible that Peterson played over his head last year, and the current version of him is what he truly is. The guy has basically been a AAAA player his whole career for a reason, right? But I'm not so sure that 44 sportadic ABs is enough of a cross section to base getting rid of the guy on.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Peterson’s BABIP is a very low .188. I imagine his luck will improve with more AB. I like that he is still walking 12% of the time.

More specifically, his xwOBA is .306 (~.320 is average). Peterson is definitely unlucky though he also hasn't been good, merely somewhere in the neighborhood of average if you believe expected metrics.

The Peterson vs Brosseau debate probably comes down to Urias coming back, so they kept the LH guy up and sent the RH guy down. Urias is starting tonight, and should be expected to be the everyday guy going forward, so they really didn't need two utility infielders anymore.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh