Brewer Fanatic

The "How bad are the Nationals" thread

splitterpfj

The Nats have most likely lost Shawn Hill to the DL. He left tonight's game with a sore elbow, he had a no-hitter going through five when he came out.

Hill has been excellent this season, this is the last thing Washington needs.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they claimed last night that cordero will be the set-up man to their new closer- the mighty rausch. gee, he goes on a berevement leave and loses his job. has this ever happened to any of you? you go attend your father's funeral and come back to find you were replaced?

The Nationals are bad enough to blow a 6-0 lead and lose 8-7.

They were also fairly neutralized for 4 innings by Victor Santos after tagging Bronson Arroyo.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 4 weeks later...

i saw two of their three games against the twins a few days ago.

i was shocked that a rule 5 draft pluckee from the twins defeated johan santana on saturday.

had a home run call not been reversed on sunday, the nationals could've swept the twins.

the brewers had better not rest on their laurels (or their priebs, for that matter) when they travel to rfk.

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching the highlights on epsn of a game that the Nationals recently lost something like 15-1. Apparently the Nationals are so bad that the fans bring white flags with them when they leave for RFK. No joke a fan was waving a white flag during the highlights.

They are still better than the Reds right now by .030 PCT, but their X W-L is still easily the worst in the League.

Black suits and red ties everyone...here we go...channeling Rodney...

How bad are the Nationals? You kiddin? The Nationals are bad I tell ya, ooh are they bad...I showed their lineup to Ripley...he couldn't believe it.

How bad? The other night their GM climbed to the top of a tall tower, so they sent up a priest to talk to him...he said "On your mark!"

It's gettin' bad for the Nationals, you kiddin, things happen to the Nationals that you won't believe....the other night Austin Kearns took a girl back to his apartment, on the elevator she started to cry...he said, "How come, you'll hate yourself in the morning?" She said..."No, I hate myself NOW!"

I just moved to DC, I asked the cabdriver where I could go to meet lots of new people...he told me to try playin' first base for the Nationals.

What a crowd, what a crowd....you're all right.....ok.....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

a good friend is a big expos/nationals fan. we've been at odds over recent years on their approach and milwaukee's approach to running a spring training camp.

the nationals' idea in recent years is to invite as many players as possible to major league camp and much like a crap shoot, see what sticks.

methinks they had as many as 72 players in big-league camp this year. compare that to the brewers, who only had 7 or 8 players beyond their 40-man roster.

i've argued that the nationals' woes can be attributed to their lack of commitment to a core group of players from the onset . . . conversely, ned yost has been adamant (if not stubborn) about adhering to his own players (rickie weeks being the most glaring example).

what do you think?

The problem is, their "core" group doesn't have a lot of talent, whereas the Brewers core talent does. I don't think they have been out of Canada long enough to make any headway on developing a farm system and major league team. I give a team 6 years from time of sale before rendering their strategies as productive or not. See: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

• 2 weeks later...
Not the Nationals week. You may have heard, they lost two fans heading to the ballpark on a bus from RFK over the weekend. Today, the Post says they have signed zero of their top 5 picks and are low balling each of these below slot. Last week, the Post announced the Nats were dead last in local TV ratings. They have about 9,000 households per game. By contrast, the Royals, next worst are averaging 28,000 households per game. The O's are next pathetic at 33,000. To give a perspective, Wizards have 20,700, Capitals 17,000+ and even DC United 11,500. You wonder if this is Senators part III.

Elijah Dukes chucked his bat at an ump in the minors. Now he's starting for the team with the most to be mad about . . . not the best combination there. ewizabeff's post sums it up the best. Favorite part from that list is about Ryan Zimmerman's blog.

• 2 weeks later...
That Nationals couldn't actually go under could they, I would assume the MLB would bail them out if it were to happen. It is just a weird situation because I would assume most people that live in DC probably were and still are Orioles fans. I am not sure if I lived in DC that I would switch my allegiance from the Orioles to the Nationals just because the Nationals came to town. Come to think of it there is no way I would.

Archived