Brewer Fanatic

The "How bad are the Nationals" thread

splitterpfj

AND a bonus trade thread at the bottom...

Bullpen burnout and the lack of any starting pitching worth a damn...though i do like Shawn Hill's makeup and Patterson's stuff...too bad JPatterson makes Mark Prior look like Steve Carlton health-wise...

if the key to adding wins to the standings is reducing team ERA and cutting out walks then the opposite is where this team will lose their shirts...

These pitchers will not be here in July...they will suffer too too much and then the SECOND string Nationals will lose 112 games...

I say trade Capellan, Wise, ZachJack, and Gamel for CCordero. Soon Bowden can't turn down quantity for quality...

Rousieboy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shawn Hill is looking like a pretty good pitcher too. I've watch both his starts (don't ask) and he's got good stuff. If only the Nats had any kind of defense and maybe a Soriano in the lineup, they could actually get the poor guy a win.

Honestly, based on the two games I've watched, they are lucky they aren't scored for three times the errors that the scorekeeper records.

Eh, I think they'll manage 72 wins. Everyone knows they will be bad, and I don't think they have a true rival*. So I see a lot of teams planning their rotation to not have their aces face that team, and have their best hitters get off days against them.

*The Cubs and Cards always want to beat us, the Pirates want to beat us to get to .500 first, and there is no love lost between the Brewers and Reds. I don't think too many NL East teams have the same feelings for the Ex-Pos/Nats.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.229 batting average.

.634 ops.

4.66 era (hey . . . the pitching's improved!)

1.48 whip.

4.59 walks issued per 9.

.977 fielding percentage (an improvement, but still worst in the league)

Langherhans must really feel disconnected this last week... I mean it's not like he was just flipped from the A's right away... he played two games and continued his disgraceful slump(.093 or something close to that)

Community Moderator

In honor of the late Rodney Dangerfield....please tug at collars and ties as you read.

How bad are the Nationals? Those guys are bad I'm tellin' ya, ooh are they bad, you kiddin, the Nationals strike out more often than Ricky Martin's girlfriend.

The Nationals can't get a break with nothin'....last week their fan club broke up....the guy died.

The Nationals' manager decided to only smoke after a win....he's got the same pack now since 2005.

How bad are the Nationals? When you walk into RFK Stadium you go down 2 steps...physically and socially.

I went to my doctor, he told me I gotta relax and try to get some rest....I spent the last nine days with Chad Cordero.

Splitter, that post is awesome.

Quote:
The Nationals can't get a break with nothin'....last week their fan club broke up....the guy died.
To pick just one, this is, IMO, the best Rodney-fication. He would have told that joke, for certain. 100% his style - not that the rest aren't good!

To answer the thread question....They're 2001-2002 Milwaukee Brewers bad. But maybe even a bit worse, and that's saying something

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

They're 2001-2002 Milwaukee Brewers bad

When can Big Brother go and erase all memory of those years?

We may be able to answer a question that plagued us for a while. Someone should ask DC fans if having a really, really bad team is better than no team at all.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I saw someone at Thursday's game in an authentic (-looking, at least) Nationals jersey. I would have offered my condolences, but the game hadn't started yet and I didn't want to jinx the Brewers.

I have to say, the jersey looked pretty decent. Red with the DC lettering, and not as bright a red as those Pirates alternates.

Also: My S.O.'s answer to the question posed by the subject line is, "They had Ronnie Belliard in at 1B. That's bad."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
When can Big Brother go and erase all memory of those years?
What years? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

FYI, Jerry Royster, Davey Lopes, and Ulice Payne have been unofficially officially "disappeared"...at least from my memory databanks

Have the protocol droid's memory wiped

*R2D2 chirp-laughs*

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived