Brewer Fanatic

Isan Diaz DFA’d

Jopal78

11 hours ago, Jopal78 said:

And just like that the Marlins have no players left from the Yelich trade. Say what you want about his extension in Milwaukee but there’s example 1A trading for prospects doesn’t always work out.

And some people ripped Yelich for taking a "hometown discount" on the extension.

Juan Soto reportedly turned down a $350 million extension by the Nats, I'm interested in seeing how that works out for him. He could have a career ending injury tomorrow and that money goes away forever.

12 hours ago, Axman59 said:

And some people ripped Yelich for taking a "hometown discount" on the extension.

Juan Soto reportedly turned down a $350 million extension by the Nats, I'm interested in seeing how that works out for him. He could have a career ending injury tomorrow and that money goes away forever.

Ugh, I really don't know how or why anyone turns that down. I'm all for players getting as much as they can but at that point why risk it? Is anyone ever going to regret signing a piece of paper and automatically getting $350 million? Like, ooh bad choice, you could have had $400 million. ?‍♂️

I just read about the women's #1 tennis player that just announced her retirement at the age of 25. Clearly she could have kept playing but she felt it was time because she didn't feel like continuing the grind and her ambition to remain at the top wasn't there. She had made something like $23 million in career earnings according to the Google machine. I'm sure she has no regrets about the money she's leaving on the table.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21