Brewer Fanatic

Daily Minor League Reports on The New Site

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Hi everyone, especially all the Brewer prospect followers who have read our in-season Minor League Link Reports for over 20 seasons now.

With the new site, the thought process is (and it can and will evolve, no doubt), that like TwinsDaily (example here), the Daily Brewers Minor League Report will land on the site's home page as a feature article, rather than solely in the Minor League Forum - notice in that Twins link readers can still comment.

We don't need to mimic every aspect of that example from TwinsDaily, but it will incorporate pieces and some structure along with aspects well-established from prior Link Reports. I know I plan on linking to the affiliate game summaries rather than attempting to write my own -- as always, making observations and notes within that would go beyond those affiliate summaries. Will also continue to include any audio and video the affiliates provide, local TV news reports (we see you, Biloxi TV stations), area newspaper articles, etc.

Even with MiLB taking Monday's off again this year, we are looking to recruit new blood to this Minor League venture. Currently I am committing to the first full week of the minor league season, and then Friday's and Saturday's after that.

Please, please consider joining me in this regard (hoping at least three others pursue this). Like me, we'll be learning together the ins-and-outs of creating the articles, and you'll be provided access to a Brewer Fanatic writer's forum where we can discuss everything including scheduling/coverage.

If interested but unsure, you don't necessarily need to reply in this thread (though you can if you wish!). I just opened up, at least temporarily, my Twitter to all direct messaging, so you can reach me there if you'd like.

Thank you!

• Like 3

Good morning "Crew" (is it OK for me to say that?), 

I am the minor-league guy at Twins Daily. The daily Minor League Reports have evolved over time, but the general idea is a front-page presence. Moose has explained a lot up above, but i wanted to add just a few things:

• Front-page articles are paid based on page views. At Twins Daily, they generally get between 1,200 and 1,800 page views each day. 
  • My comment has always been that I feel like minor leaguers deserve more recognition than they get. They work just as hard as the big leaguers, so if they do something of note, it's great to highlight them. 
  • I think one of the exciting things if to be able to see what each other's sites are doing and grab aspects from each other. So, I like the idea of being creative and having fun with it. They are work to put together, but they're fun, and on out site, they get good interaction with readers in the comments. 
  • I've built a lot of relationships with players and parents and affiliates and scouts and such. One scout said that when he calls guys after the Twins have drafted them, he tells them that they should check out Twins Daily to keep up with their kids. That's fun. 

So, I would encourage people to consider writing, along with Moose, for these reports. I think you'll enjoy them. And, I am happy to be a resource for questions and ideas... 

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Mass,

would love to help out but new site is not accessible for me on work computer. I'm only on my phone so Link Reports would take me forever. I'm hopeful @damuelle  and a few others can assist!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

You've now seen 4-5 daily minor league link reports from @Mass Haas... 

He's doing them for the next week, but he can't be doing them every single day all season. Having seen now what these entail, is anyone interested in contributing as a writer on these reports and work with me and Mass on getting you acclimated? 

Let us know...