Brewer Fanatic

Kids Area Moved from Field RF Corner to Terrace

rickh150

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2022/01/31/Facilities/American-Family-Field.aspx
Hate this.,, one, because what parent on the first three decks really wants to trek up to the fourth deck for this.  Also, the safety of the 4th deck is questionable, at best, on a later evening especially with kids. Literally putting it in the worst possible place in the ballpark.  I thought the kids area was an absolute strength of the park….. now, we’ll see. 

I'm not as concerned about safety as I'm sure they'll take precautions there, but it does seem unnecessary to add yet another bar in that area. Especially considering that bar is virtually certain to charge at least 12 bucks apiece for beer. Tucking the kids area back there made a lot of sense to me, moving it feels like a money grab.

When I get back to a game there's virtually zero chance I spend money on ballpark refreshments. 

Point/counterpoint - Maybe out of sight out of mind for my soon-to-be-9 year old, but if you wanted to actually use the area, I agree it’s a terrible idea.  

folks who post here are diehards, we don’t sit in terrace level. Families often do as do casuals. So I think it will get plenty of use up there, just by a different group of people.

Now I have no idea how this will look like as I currently do like all of the activities they have in the right field corner. However, as a parent and fan I might like this better. The right field corner is always heavy congestion and hate walking through there when just going as a fan and not a parent. As a parent I always have to make sure my kids are not running into other people or getting lost in the crowd. Being in the right field corner in the Terrace enables the kids to isolate and play without interrupting others. The negative as mentioned is trekking up there when I don't have seats there, though I do like the Terrace Box behind home plate, which is still a decent walk to the corner.

I would discount any safety issues in the Terrace, maybe in the stands against the Cubs but not in the Terrace concourse in the corner. Most nights there is nobody around that corner.

3 minutes ago, Outlander said:

However, as a parent and fan I might like this better. The right field corner is always heavy congestion and hate walking through there when just going as a fan and not a parent.

I agree completely. That RF corner can be a pain to get through on a sold out-type day.

It looks like my family fits the demographic, with 3 kids.  We rarely used the field level play area because we're usually in the Terrace.  We've used the small play area on the Terrace level.  I'm interested to see what it will look like.

• 1 month later...

An update for those with families. There is still a kids play area with various activities on the Field Level by Right Field. The article indicated relocation of the children's play area that used to be housed on the Field level in the right-field corner. However, this is not correct, the smaller play area for younger kids that was behind home plate in the Terrace Level is now located in the Right Field corner on the Terrace Level. So in short still a play area on the Terrace Level and Field Level.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Outlander said:

An update for those with families. There is still a kids play area with various activities on the Field Level by Right Field. The article indicated relocation of the children's play area that used to be housed on the Field level in the right-field corner. However, this is not correct, the smaller play area for younger kids that was behind home plate in the Terrace Level is now located in the Right Field corner on the Terrace Level. So in short still a play area on the Terrace Level and Field Level.

That’s great… thanks Outlander!