Brewer Fanatic

Mariners trade partner

With the Mariners grabbing winker and Suarez, they have a bit of a surplus in the outfield. I understand they have the DH, but I feel like the brewers match up really well with them on paper. I wonder about a potential brewers SP for kelenic on a sell low. Or even potentially Kyle Lewis. Kelenic fits better as I'm not sure you want to give him 600 AB right off the rip unless he proves ready, but I've been seeing these teams as a match for a while and adding winker makes them that much more of a match for me.

I don't think you are going to get Kelenic that cheaply.  I think just to get the Mariners to listen you would have to do something like Ashby, Mitchell and Black.  

I don't see the Mariners letting Kelenic go unless they get a lot of value from that trade.  I would rather keep the players than trade them for one player.  If it were Mitchell and a lower level prospect sure but I don't think the Mariners would even entertain that.  

47 minutes ago, nate82 said:

I don't think you are going to get Kelenic that cheaply.  I think just to get the Mariners to listen you would have to do something like Ashby, Mitchell and Black.  

I don't see the Mariners letting Kelenic go unless they get a lot of value from that trade.  I would rather keep the players than trade them for one player.  If it were Mitchell and a lower level prospect sure but I don't think the Mariners would even entertain that.  

My initial thought was like Freddy Peralta honestly. Mariners are in win now mode so it would be more of an actual baseball trade than a prospects for player trade. Maybe for Freddy we would get additional value in return. Or maybe it's lauer plus or maybe they really like Ashby, but whatever it is the primary players we send need to be ready now for it to make sense for the Mariners.