Brewer Fanatic

BATTLEBOTS

AKCheesehead

It's robot fightin' time!!!

Are there any other bf.netters that are into battlebots? It's been a regular Thursday night thing at our place. Easy fun entertainment and just the right catharsis to push through the end of the week for me. Last night they announced the 32 bot bracket.

https://battlebots.com/bracket/

Starting a thread in case there are other fans here who might want to fill out a bracket and discuss.

This somewhat straddles the fence between the Off Topic and the Other (mostly Wisconsin) Sports sub-forum I realize.

I watch it occasionally, but couldnt tell you who is any good. I do think the intro dude gets annoying, but otherwise I think its fun. The biggest issue I have is that I typically catch the reruns, but they dont do them in order. It will have one from this season and then one from like 2018.

I enjoy watching, but I'll echo stoutdude04's thoughts on catching the show in reruns. Back when I was TiVo'ing the show, it was really inconsistent about recording full blocks of programming...meaning the "main event" match they would promote throughout usually got cut off.

So far as I could tell, recent seasons seem all about a wedge-shaped bot with a high-power vertical spinner. I like the hammer/saw combo design, but the combination doesn't seem durable enough to win.

Love it! But don't watch it "live". I usually catch it the next week and then fast forward through all the Fluff stuff. I think it's cool that one of the better bot teams is from Wisconsin.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Love it! But don't watch it "live". I usually catch it the next week and then fast forward through all the Fluff stuff. I think it's cool that one of the better bot teams is from Wisconsin.

Heck yeah and despite a 1-2 record, Hydra is in the round of 32 (well, play-in match) we usually watch the show live on Thursdays. I make dinner during the rerun and then we eat and watch the current episode. Maybe I’m just a nerd but I enjoy it.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.