Brewer Fanatic

Rules to clarify. (& questions)

brewerjamie15

Some of you have contacted me privately or posted on this forum about the league rules. Here are some of the common concerns:

What if there is a rainout?

Rainouts are determined by each specific field. While one part of town may have its games rained out, others may still play. Some fields drain better than others, some have a more aggressive grounds crewman. If you are questioning the weather or field conditions, check the forum for an announcement. I have a phone number I must call prior to questionable games. I will not and can not give that number out (to avoid phone jams). I will post if the game is cancelled or not, I don't have the time to call all of you. Rainout information is also available at milwaukeerecreation.net someplace.

MKE Rec will attempt to reschedule all rainouts. make up dates will be announced to the managers and I will then post the new date.

We field 10, but how many can bat?

All team members on the daily lineup card will bat. If you are playing the field or not, you will be given at bats. Non-starting players will be brought into the game about half way through. Baserunners can be replaced, fielders rearranged, etc.

What if we don't have enough guys to field a whole team?

We forefit and have to pay a $30.00 fee which is due immediately. If not paid before the next game, we are removed from the league.

Can I have a beer during the game?

Only if you want yourself and I suspended from the league. Observers are not allowed alcohol either.

What are the key pitching rules?

Milwaukee Rec follows the rules of ASA Softball not only for field rules, but also for bat restrictions. feel free to visit asasoftball.com for further information. Pitching is restriced from a minimum 6' arc to a maximum 12' arc. Pitchers are allowed to put spin on the ball, or deliver how they want. Foot must be on the rubber for the delivery.

Sweet Dude. I'm pumped. I'm so pumped, I forgot where we play.

Our games are Thursday nights at Sijan Field, diamond #2. 2821 S. Kinnikinnic Avenue.

What happens if I'm gonna be late or miss a game?

If you're aware that you may be or will be late, let me know. I'll provide all of you with my home phone and cell phone numbers at the first game. I need to know if you'll be late so I can sign you into that particular game. If you are late and don't notify me before the start of play, you are ineligible for play that day.

Missed games must be reported to me inadvance or posted here for myself and Jimbo to see so the lineup can be adjusted. Failure to report an absence results in a fine of 1 pitcher of not crappy beer at an end of season party. You will also be moved to the bottom of the order.

Will the batting order change?

I'm hoping that positions and batting order will remain the same through the season, but if ya wanna change, lemmie know.

Are all the fees paid?

Yup. I have turned in team fees and player fees. I have recipts for all expenses associated with the team. Recipts are open to your viewing, just ask or look in the team folder, recipts and player card stubs are in a brown envelope.

What's our league called?

Men's social, MS-385.

Do we have an end of season Tournament?

That question has yet to be answered in rule books, flyers, or phone calls. Once I have an answer, I'll edit this part of the post.

Please direct all further questions right in this thread.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

As awful as I am, I'm a warm body and can at least make contact on a ball...so let me know if we might come up short for players. I'm guessing you guys would rather have me play than forfeit any games.

I'll just load up on pain patches and Percocet beforehand.

You might wanna grow some facial hair too so you blend in better because it's a men only league. Sorry.

Wow...that's crappy. It's not like I'm going to ratchet up the team's stats. The bar league I used to play in was co-ed...so it was a rational assumption.

Archived