Brewer Fanatic

5/11/06: Brewerfan (Brewer Fever) @ WhiteHouse (TBD)

razzzorsharp

Brewer Fever (0-0, 0.00)

vs.

TBD

SEASON OPENER!

May 11, 2006

8 pm

Sijan Field

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Lineup:

1) BrewerJamie15-2B

2) Houlie24X-LF

3) Razzzorsharp-3B

4) AJAY-LC

5) Brewer Fever-P

6) Dougjones43-RC

7) valpocrewsader-SS

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif Bball123h-1B

9) Nullbyte-DH

10) Colbyjack-RF

11) radman12484-C

12) Robin19-DH

13) AJOHNSON104-DH

14) Iron Chef Napalm-DH

15) Brian the Automator-DH

16) Jimbo-DH

Link to the website:

my.execpc.com/~silkey/brewerfan/home.htm

Go Brewerfan!

Make us forget the woes of our 'professionals' by capitalizing on this, your first of a series of must-win situations. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Note, to anyone who sees "DH" next to their name, I'm pretty sure the plan is to rotate everyone in throughout the first game and to mix things up from game-to-game. Batting order also subject to change throughout the season. This was just the opening day lineup/positions we put together tonight in the chat.

I'm darn excited for thursday!

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Yup. DH just means that you don't -start- with a defensive position. You bat in the order, and at about half way through the game you will take a position.

We are thinking of keeping the same basic batting order to breed a farmiliar feel to the order. Spots in the lineup are subject to change.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'm really excited for the game as well. I was hesitant to sign up for the league going into it because I was out of shape and really was never that good at softball. I'm still out of shape and not good at softball, but I've had a great time at practices, and enjoyed hanging out with a nice group of guys.

Hopefully we get some more guys signing up next year, and we can maybe even have two teams.

Woo! Looking forward to Thursday.

Has someone verified that all players are in the batting order for the whole game? I know at the practice that we weren't 100% positive on that point...

Blah!

Tomorrow Night Precip: &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 60% Windy and overcast with showers. Low 44F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Rainfall near a half an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph early.

Honestly, if it's only going to be in the high 40's, possibly rainy, and super-windy, I really hope the game gets cancelled. That's not my idea of fun.

I know, I'm a wuss....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

So would that mean the wind will be blowing out, in, or across?

From right to left.

On edit: blowing perpendicluar to the RF foul line, which means of course blowing straight out to left. *BRAIN FART*

Quote:
Who's in the pen?

I'm the clean up man ala Fernandez. Which means I'll probably be in there in the bottom 10th.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Honestly, if it's only going to be in the high 40's, possibly rainy, and super-windy, I really hope the game gets cancelled. That's not my idea of fun.

You're not being a wuss, it is incredibly nasty outside. If tonight's game is still on I will be incredibly surprised.

Anyone with a prior history in this kind of league know what time these things are typically called off? Knowing before I leave work would save me a lot of time.

I knew I should have bought that 70,000 square yard tarp.

BTW: Good call on cancelling the pre-game feast.

Quote:
Knowing before I leave work would save me a lot of time.

I think I will be without internet after 5:30, so I'm also hoping to get early notification.

You're not being a wuss, it is incredibly nasty outside. If tonight's game is still on I will be incredibly surprised.

Aw c'mon guys, I've ran in marathons with worse conditions worse than today. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Think to yourself "it's a great day for softball". I'm mentally and physically prepared to play, and will be disappointed if we don't.

Archived