Brewer Fanatic

When Does The Lockout End? Answer: March 10th, 2022

jjgott

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how abbreviated spring training is and all the unknowns, i wonder if some players in south/central american countries will run into visa issues or general issues getting into the country and reporting in a timely manner. I remember k-rod always was late to spring training, which for him isn't a big deal but for a freddy peralta who needs to stretch out...?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
With how abbreviated spring training is and all the unknowns, i wonder if some players in south/central american countries will run into visa issues or general issues getting into the country and reporting in a timely manner. I remember k-rod always was late to spring training, which for him isn't a big deal but for a freddy peralta who needs to stretch out...?

You would think/hope they'd all be stateside given how quickly spring training is starting after the agreement.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Happy its over. Now the largest question is how much damage was done. At the end of the day, I don't think much. I do have some friends who claim they are never going back to AFF.

At the end of the day, it's a two week delay (give or take) and no regular season games lost. If anyone is going to quit watching cuz of that then I am not sure how much they liked baseball.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

And it was a fine day, March 10th of 2022. There was a wind up and a pitch and batters in a batter's box. The robins returned and spring was in the air. Baseball is back baby! YESSSSssssss. Give me some Admiral Adames and let's friggin' go.

Interesting, the MLBPA executive committee with 5 Boras clients voted 8-0 against. They supposedly wanted the CBT higher. The team reps voted 26-4. The 4 dissenting were NYY, NYM, STL, HOU. Shocker that Boras clients were so concerned with the CBT, seems like they more or less held negotiations hostage for their own self interest and less so for the interest of the players as a whole.

Will be interesting to see how they make up our first 2 series with SF and Arizona. One series will likely be added to end of season with the 3 day extension they agreed on, but the other 3 games will be tough to make up with doubleheaders since neither of those two teams comes back here again during the season.

Either we get screwed out of 3 home games and those games are made up on the road in SF or Arizona, or one of those series gets scrapped and we play 3 doubleheaders against 3 random teams throughout the season.

Also ads on jerseys and batting helmets are in the deal. Gross.

What I've seen: full 162 games. 12 team playoff. universal DH. player can only be optioned 5 times a year. Lottery for first 6 picks. CBT: $230m-$244m

Banning shift and pitch clock coming next year.

Owners are expected to ratify this at 5:00 pm, and transactions are unfrozen immediately following that ratification.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Community Moderator

I'm pumped. Time to get that Kris Bryant to Seattle deal inked and start the season.

I applaud them for getting it done and for playing 162. The only thing I resent is that I had really good seats for Opening Day and now I have to go through getting tickets again and clearing my calendar.

What I've seen: full 162 games. 12 team playoff. universal DH. player can only be optioned 5 times a year. Lottery for first 6 picks. CBT: $230m-$244m

Banning shift and pitch clock coming next year.

I am excited for the shift ban, though I suspect it's just going to be restricted to a zone like area which makes more sense.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

If you had to guess when do you think the lockout ends?

1. Before Start of Season (Little/no ST, all 162 games are played)

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If anyone wonders how it got this far, look no further than the voting. Both the Owners and MLBPA "executive" committees voted against the proposal, while the vast majority of owners and the rank-and-file players voted yes. Maybe both sides should take a look at who's on their main negotiating team before the just approved CBA expires.