Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Sign Veteran OF Abraham Almonte (MLB Camp Invite)

Mass Haas

I will not be surprised if we are done adding starters on the offensive side, maybe a 1B, but I can see us going into the season with our current starting line-up, and probably adding a couple bullpen arms from the scrapheap.

We replaced Garcia with Renfroe, so that may be our big pick-up for the off season. I could possibly see us adding another no-name or project 1B to share time with Rowdy, but I doubt we add any big name bats.

I might be 100% wrong too.

:)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I know little about Almonte and didnt look up his stats before my last post. He is another option for a 5th OF. 808 OPS vs RH last year as a switch hitter would look great if he could repeat that. Career of 713 OPS vs RH over 9 years. Draws a lot of walks but has a low BA and little pop. He will be 33 next June so I am not expecting much. Amazing this guy has hung around for so long.

Does anyone know about his defense? Looks like he can play all three OF spots.

• 3 months later...