Brewer Fanatic

5/25/06 Bay Street Pub (Dude TBA) @ Brewerfan.net (BrwrFvr)

Jimbo

8 pm

Brian The Automator is a Bobblehead Day

1. BrewerJamie15-2B

2. Houlie24X-LF

3. AJAY-LC

4. Brewer Fever-P

5. Dougjones43-RC

6. valpocrewsader-SS

7. Bball123h-1B

8. Nullbyte-DH

9. Colbyjack-RF

10. radman12484-C

11. Robin19-DH

12. AJOHNSON104-DH

13. Iron Chef Napalm-DH

14. Brian the Automator-DH

15. Jimbo-DH

LINK

Jamie batted lead-off for the season opener. Does he still bat lead-off?

I was thinking (uh-oh), with Brewer Fever leaving us next month, we'll need a couple of people to back up Jamie when he pitches. I believe Robin and Johnson volunteered their efforts. If Thursday's game gets out of hand, which it may, should we bring one or both in to pitch an inning or two?

Last week was a bit of a mess getting a lineup and substitutions finalized. I say from now on we stick with our 7:40 deadline. If you show up afterwards, your name is at the bottom of the order and you sit on the bench. I also propose we decied on 5th inning defensive switches prior to the start of the game so everyone knows what's up. Jamie, I know you get tied up with ground rules and pre-game drills. How about I handle all this?

Iron Chef only played one inning in the field last week. We can't let this happen again.

Here are my thoughts for Thursday's game. With the bombs these guys hit, I think AJAY and Dougjones should be in the OF the entire game. With razzzorsharp being out, start Robin at 3B and possibly switch with Brewer Fever (P) mid-game(?)

Possible defensive switches:

C : Brian or Iron Chef in for Radman

1B: Brian or Iron Chef in for Bball

2B: Nullbyte in for Jamie

LF: Johnson in for Houlie

RF: Jimbo in for Colbyjack

The floor is open for discussion.

On edit: I really would like to get a team photo taken before the game while there's still daylight.

Well, Brewerjamie's profile page indicates that his age is 132. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Also, I think you should edit the subject line to read:

5/25/06 Bay Street Pub (Pitcher Dude) at Brewerfan.net (Brewer Fever)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

if you are ever in need of a pitcher, i would be willing to step in for a game or two. i wouldnt call myself spectacular, but i can get the ball over the plate.

i dont know how keen the wife would be on having me play another league every week, which is why i didnt join, but i live about 10 minutes from the field. if i get some notice, im sure i could make it work.

just thought i would offer

Quote:
Iron Chef only played one inning in the field last week. We can't let this happen again.

I played an inning in right and that was fine. I came in when Colby realized that I had not been in the field and I took his spot in right. It seemed late in the game so after my inning, I noticed that Nullbyte had not gotten off the bench and I gave him my spot.

A planned rotation schedule may help clarify bench management, but I have no complaints about my playing time last week. I?m just happy to do my part and be on the team.

BTW: The official team website looks great. Keep up the good work Jimbo, you?re doing an amazing job.

Anyone can go recieve the ground rules from the ump. It's the same as Robin Yount going out to trade lineup cards. Jamie can send up his bench coach to do this.

Yeah, infield! Can't wait to play.

I think we should make the changes at the 30 min mark, not the 5th inning. That makes it more fair to the bench players.

Sweet, I just checked the statistics page and I lead in 3TO.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote:

Can't tell if this is genuine or sarcasm, lol. Did you get any time in at 3B in practice? I dont' remember that at all.

Couple other options to ponder: Robin to P, Fever to 3B .... and .... Jamie to P, Fever to 3B, nullbyte to 2B. I'm not real anxious to take the ball out of Fever's hand 'cos he pitched great last week, I just can't remember anyone other than him and razzzersharp logging any decent time at 3B in our later practices.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'm good to go at 3rd. I'll be around for another 5 weeks. Bummer with the first rainout, looks like I'll be lucky to get in a half a season. I'd like to get in as much PT as possible while I'm here, if you know what I mean. This very well might be my 1 opportunity to ever play for BFan. But I fully understand the need to get someone some work on the mound. If I have to sit, so be it. I'll be as flexible on the diamond as you guys need. If we work in another pitcher and he struggles it might be good if I'm still on the field, so I could go back to the mound in an emergency.

I'm not sure if you can re-enter the positional lineup once you come off the field. I say this not trying to ensure PT but in the interest of the team. Anyway, maybe a practice or get together with a few pitching candidates and one person to catch them is in order. All you need are the prospective pitchers a softball diamond and a catcher. Then we could have the guys throw to guage their control. We never cared about balls and strikes in practice so it's unclear where we're at as to who can avoid issuing a lot of free passes. I also had to raise the arc on my pitches to keep the score in check last week. That's another consideration as well...arc combined with accuracy. There is plenty of time to find out though. I don't doubt that we have at least 2 potential replacements. It's not something that's impossible to do with time and practice. I do wonder if we have anyone ready to jump in and throw high-arching strikes without practice. It all depends on those who volunteer to pitch and where they stand. If they're confident that they can jump right in, than go for it.

I'll be there tomorrow ready to do whatever I can to help the team, wherever that may be. I just hope the weather cooperates otherwise my chance to play on this team dwindles some more.

Whoa Robin, I was only throwing out ideas. :)

Brewer Fever is right and I didn't make myself clear. If we put in a sub pitcher, keep Fever in the field somewhere in case he needs to pitch again.

I was being real. I have been playing 3B in my other leagues for four years. There's a lot less running around at 3B than in RC. I'd rather play IF than OF, but I can play anywhere.

edit:

Quote:
I'm not sure if you can re-enter the positional lineup once you come off the field.
IIRC, you can re-enter the lineup.

Also, I got a lot of people out at practice because they were swinging at balls. I think our BrewerFever should be out there every time he's there.

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

think our BrewerFever should be out there every time he's there.

Robin, I agree with you. Eventaully we will need one or two backups. I don't think we match well with our next opponent. I think we can be competetive with the other five teams. If we want to take a couple of innings to experiement, I'd rather do it this week as opposed to a game we have a chance to win.

That leaves Al to maybe pitch. Anyone else?

Of course, all this is your call Jamie.

I have to clarify, it would still be good to get someone some live, in-game, pitching action. There's got to be some point in the next 5 weeks we can get someone some pitching time. Getting an inning in against hitters with an ump calling balls and strikes is huge. It will help whoever takes over for me tremendously to have done it already. My only point in my post above is that we have plenty of time. And it would be great for someone to throw at a practice with balls and strikes called.

This team we play this week sounds like it may have some heavy hitters. I may have good control and decent arc but all the arc in the world matters little to some teams. If we find ourselves in a game getting out of hand whether by our lead or theirs, we'd be foolish not to get someone their first taste of the mound. I agree with Jimbo, this week might end up being a good opportunity for someone to do just that. Hopefully we hang right in there though.

Sorry for the delay in posting, I worked, the wife was sick so I had to go do laundry when I got home, take care of the kid, do dishes, and talk with WSSP about tonight's Farm Report and future events. I'm here now though.

Jamie batted lead-off for the season opener. Does he still bat lead-off?

I thought lineups were staying about the same for familiarity? I'd like to try another game or two with the same lineup, watch ourselves, and then determine the best possible lineup. If guys are no shows, no biggie, just skip them. If guys are late, just deal with it and keep their spot in the order.

If Thursday's game gets out of hand, which it may, should we bring one or both in to pitch an inning or two?

Yes. No point in missing an opportunity to let others practice pitching with an arc when we are up by a good 8 or more runs.

Zack sort of volunteered for that, I agree on equal time for all though so let's be willing to distribute playing time, but also give ourselves the best opportunity to win games.

Temke: You'd need to sign up for the league before playing and you'd have to pay the fee as well. Thanks for the offer, but at this time, I don't see us needing another player.

Anyone can go recieve the ground rules from the ump

Jimbo- that'll be you tomorrow so I can take fielding practice. I'm also going to designate someone to get the signup sheet filled out before games. Different person each week.

I think we should make the changes at the 30 min mark

That was always the plan, man.

Pitchers:

While Josh will get the start at P each game he's here, he may not finish the game there (as mentioned before). I'm still of the opinion that we need to have 3-4 guys comfortable on the flat mound for obvious reasons.

Of course, all this is your call Jamie.

Nah, it's a team thing, just like we're talking right now.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I can pitch if need be, I just don't want people to think I was a great pitcher simply because I got some people out at practice.

I work 10am-7pm tomorrow so if there's cruddy weather, I'll have to figure out how to get that information to you all.

Watch for Jimbo to get the information out. I'll pass him the field report hotline number to him.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Dewpoint in the low 60's...there's a lot of moisture in the air.

I work until 5:00+

I'll call the the # at 4:30 and if I get a definative answer, post something by 4:45.

My day has gotten way out of hand, and I have to list myself as a TBA for tonight's game. Since I live right by the park, if you don't see me by 7:40 or 7:45, feel free to find a replacement for RF. If I show up late, I will gladly serve as the 3B coach.

Sorry guys, although it seems there are plenty of people to take my place if I am unable to make it.

Archived