Brewer Fanatic

rhp jason alexander optioned to class aaa nashville

djoctagone

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
But Alexander has also forged this improbable path in a very similar way to pitchers of this era: using data to specifically shape his pitches and make himself better. Thus, by signing with the Brewers, one of the most highly-regarded analytical teams in baseball, the pitcher who once couldn’t sign on with a team maybe now has found the perfect one.

“I work a lot with the analytics because I think the data gives you a good judgment on what’s happening. A lot of people, they see pitches and they don’t know how to evaluate what makes that curveball better than that curveball, what makes that slider better than that (other one),” Alexander said. “When you have the numbers in front of you and you can see what the ball is actually doing, it helps you justify what I need to change with the pitch, what’s doing well and what I need to keep doing with the pitch.”

Great read djoctagone, thank you. Loved that tidbit.

(I read this article while perusing the offerings at ‘The Jerk Store’. They called looking for me.)

But Alexander has also forged this improbable path in a very similar way to pitchers of this era: using data to specifically shape his pitches and make himself better. Thus, by signing with the Brewers, one of the most highly-regarded analytical teams in baseball, the pitcher who once couldn’t sign on with a team maybe now has found the perfect one.

“I work a lot with the analytics because I think the data gives you a good judgment on what’s happening. A lot of people, they see pitches and they don’t know how to evaluate what makes that curveball better than that curveball, what makes that slider better than that (other one),” Alexander said. “When you have the numbers in front of you and you can see what the ball is actually doing, it helps you justify what I need to change with the pitch, what’s doing well and what I need to keep doing with the pitch.”

Great read djoctagone, thank you. Loved that tidbit.

(I read this article while perusing the offerings at ‘The Jerk Store’. They called looking for me.)

I am not sure if what Alexander said is true. But remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.

• 3 months later...

The craziest thing about his start the other day was that the grandfather of his mound opponent in that game, Lucas Giolito, was the actor that played Susan's dad in Seinfeld.  

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• 2 months later...

jason alexander is with the brewers as part of their taxi squad. he last pitched 7.0 innings on 25 may for class aaa nashville.

the brewers play six more consecutive days until their off day monday.

a lot depends on how many pitchers are used tonight, but the brewers still have to figure out who will eat the majority of innings on wednesday in brandon woodruff's spot.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
1 minute ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Alexander officially named the starting pitcher for tomorrow night's game. @Julio Muchachocare to give us a scouting report? 

One of many solid Triple-A starters on the Sounds staff. Alexander, however, next to Small, has been the most consistent and steady throughout the entire two months of the season. Not going to be a strikeout guy - that's not his game. He's a guy who stays in the zone, has a good mix of pitches, and will pitch to contact. This being said, he's only given up 3 long balls (off the top of my head) all season. So, he doesn't give up good contact at the Triple-A level - if that makes sense.

He's a guy, coming into this season, stating: I'm healthy and I want to show this club I can contribute. Very happy for him to get the opportunity at the Big Club!

• Like 1