Brewer Fanatic

05/25/06 Tonight's Softball Game Cancelled

brewerjamie15

Quote:
I was just heading out the door and forced myself to check one last time and I'm really glad I did.

Same thing here. Boooo.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I just got home in time to lace up my shoes and was pretty bummed when I read this. When I got home it was raining, but you could see from the skyline in the West that it was going to clear up pretty quick. Now, it's sunny again. Oh well, time to fire up the grill and crack open a cold one...

I just called again to see what the deal is. MKE Rec has added 2 more fields to the cancellation list. I've still not heard about our -first- make-up game, let alone this one. It's going to be difficult for me to call tomorrow and get this information, but I'll try.

Wish we could have played, field conditions must be pretty poor.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Verified Member

Brian and I were at the field around 6:30. We had gotten word that the games were cacelled. There were a few raindrops, but nowhere near as much rain as to cancel a game.

We played catch for about 20 minutes and then left. My whole drive home was clear and now it is actually sunny and clear outside.

Why were the games cancelled?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

How did the field look?

I don't know why games were cancelled. Perhaps field conditions, perhaps our field manager is highly conservative about weather. Sijan field is a mess as it is, add some water and it's probably horrible. Maybe the umpires had something else to do? Maybe... who knows.

Edit: Poor Ajay, missed the only game we've played. Anyone wanna venture over to the East Side this weekend to hit the ball and field a bit?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

[ How did the field look? ]

The infield definately looked rained on, but there wasn't any standing water. I definately think it was playable. The outfield was a LITTLE slick, but I don't think it was anywhere near dangerous.

Given that the showers were so isolated, I think it's pretty weak that they just cancelled the entire evening. We would have had no problem getting our game in.

I apologize for not getting the word out.

The sun was out at 5 pm, at 6 pm Channel 4 showed extremely scattered showers. I never thought about calling back in.

Paula and I got out there at 7:30. The pavement was dry from Waukesha all the way to Bay View.

Three guys from White House were there. They said the cancellation came from the Main Office at 6:15. They said it rained hard there just a few minutes, and even then the sun was out. They were pretty mad there was no game. They said to me they would lodge a complaint on Friday.

They said two years ago the first three games were rained out and they were re-scheduled and played. They said definately these will be made up in July.

The field looked playable. The dirt was very damp, but no standing water. The outfield looked great. For the guys playing LF, bring shades for the 7 pm games.

I know this weekend is Memorial Day, but I'd be up for a practice. I was out of town last weekend when a few of you got together ... would like to get some play in before next thursday.

And the weather is supposed to be spectacular this weekend!!

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'm down for a practice, too.. any day/time works for me. Whoever the guy was asking about his teammates joining us -- we should work that out.

The silver lining for me.. I went to bed at like 8. Most rested I've been in weeks http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Saturday before around noon (like starting at 11) would work well with me.

I tentatively have to be in Tosa at 2:00 tomorrow, so an early time like 11:00 or 11:30 would work best for me, too. Anyone else?

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote:
So is it Saturday at 11 AM in Hales Corners with the candle stick?

Haha. Does that mean the official name for our practice field is Candlestick Park?

Do we have enough guys for a practice? I think we're at three "for sures" right now (Robin, Iron Chef, Me). Jamie might be in? Brian too? Could we get a couple more? We probably need at least four people. Six, seven, or eight would be better....

HC park works for me, what about everyone else?

The weather should be perfect for playing baseball tomorrow, 75 and sunny.

Oh yeah, who has the practice balls?

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm running a marathon Sunday morning and I need to 'save' myself. But I should be recovered and ready to go for Thursday's game.

Not to be selfish, but I'd rather see the rain Thursday and have it clear out by the weekend. Enjoy the sunny (hot) weather, I know I'll do my best to cope with it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm running a marathon Sunday morning and I need to 'save' myself.

Enjoy the sunny (hot) weather, I know I'll do my best to cope with it.

Yeah, Jimbo, I don't wish I were running a marathon on Sunday given the forecast. (Not that I'd be any good at it in more ideal conditions.) Good luck.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived