Brewer Fanatic

Will the Brewers trade a SP for position player help?

Mitch Garver and Taylor Rodgyearsers for Hauser. It’s pretty even according to baseball trade values trade simulator.

Garver and Narvaez could split C/DH so neither wear down. It definitely seems like Narvaez did last year. Garver can play 1B too. Plus Rogers would help the bullpen, especially if Hader is traded

Houser himself can help the bullpen. You'll trade 3 years of that for 1 year of it plus a backup catcher for 2years? How can this trade value simulater even work this as equal?

Twins make this deal no matter what situation they are in. You save them over 6mil on payroll and give them a SP for 3years, a higher quality SP then the majority of SPs they have used in the 2000s. Why do we hate Houser? Is there something I'm missing? This why too many post his name as Hauser?

Yes. Because trading a guy (from a surplus) must mean he’s hated. :rolleyes

If you think Garver is just a backup C then you should take a look at his stats. He would literally be one of the best hitters on the Brewers and be the main DHz Just because he can also catch doesn’t mean he can only be a backup catcher. He’s not exactly Manny Pina.

Mitch Garver and Taylor Rodgyearsers for Hauser. It’s pretty even according to baseball trade values trade simulator.

Garver and Narvaez could split C/DH so neither wear down. It definitely seems like Narvaez did last year. Garver can play 1B too. Plus Rogers would help the bullpen, especially if Hader is traded

Houser himself can help the bullpen. You'll trade 3 years of that for 1 year of it plus a backup catcher for 2years? How can this trade value simulater even work this as equal?

Twins make this deal no matter what situation they are in. You save them over 6mil on payroll and give them a SP for 3years, a higher quality SP then the majority of SPs they have used in the 2000s. Why do we hate Houser? Is there something I'm missing? This why too many post his name as Hauser?

I like Houser quite a bit, but I think you're severely underestimating Rogers and Garver.

2019-21:

6mgtBSE.png

hm6f0Uh.png

I like Houser quite a bit, but I think you're severely underestimating Rogers and Garver.

2019-21:

6mgtBSE.png

hm6f0Uh.png

In comparing Rogers to Houser you are comparing a rookie to emerging SP to a player strictly a RP 3 years after they were a rookie themselves.

Then you add Garver who has 1 season's worth of PAs in the 384 games he could have played in. add to that it is approximately 8.5Mil spent on the duo over Houser just this season. I mean Houser equals Taylor as a RP. Just spend 8.5mil on a Catcher or imo elsewhere. The trade makes no sense without a top 100 if not top 75 prospect coming back to Milwaukee based on the money alone. Since that won't be happening, then maybe you send them JBJ to offset the salaries.

That is still an awful trade on Milw's side. You completely remove any upside to the future and settle for just above Replacement. Narvaez 445PAs last year. You're basically leaving 300+PAs for a backup C. And Again trading a SP that has better RP #s for a 1year rental RP, plus spending 8.5mil to do so. And as I'm writing this, I see we did the right thing, saved over 6mil and signed Pedro Severino to back up Narvaez next season while keeping the better RP who just happens to be a good SP.