Brewer Fanatic

Beloit Sky Carp

madbad2000

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm waiting for a team to call themselves something like the "Cash Registers". I think there are lots of opportunities which lend themselves to creative marketeers everywhere.

First off, you need a catchy logo for everyday use on the standard home and away unis. This type of logo is serious, like our team is about maximizing our revenue.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS4oferAHJ5DVf5VdawrJYNGCuhPjP2eUsPQ&usqp=CAU

Of course, you need some alternate logos. What team could exist without an alternate. Maybe something a bit on the fun-side, like this:

super-cool-cartoon-vintage-cash-register-front-view-vector-illustration-super-cool-cartoon-vintage-cash-register-front-view-124986497.jpg

And you can't forget throwbacks. What old-timer won't be temped to purchase a uniform from the teams glory days of 1926 when Lefty Harris, the right handed pitcher from Toldeo, pitched a complete game in 28 consecutive starts on 2 days rest.

cash-register-vector-id181577950?k=20&m=181577950&s=612x612&w=0&h=TOhxbY91cuKmuMh2-AyDR-V5ccpav56QA8R60NTkc9k=

But, wait! There is more. You need to have a day for the kids; they will be season ticket holders some day, and today they can cry really loud to their parents if they don't get there way. Who wouldn't want to get their toddler a hat with this logo.

Learning-Resources-Pretend-Play-Calculator-Cash-Register.jpg

If the team plays their cards right, they can even sell toy Authentic Cash Registers in their team store.

Need something patriotic? We've got that!

vintage-uncle-sam-cash-register-bank_1_3e07278514bb94c73d821056b95a7b67.jpg

Imagine what you could do; Game-used, authentics, replicas. Jerseys and hats and tees. Bats and balls.

We haven't even gotten to things like in-stadium entertainment. Who wouldn't enjoy hearing the cash register sound effect from Pink Floyd's "Money" each time an opposing hitter strikes out? Or "Money, Money, Money, Mon-ey" when the latest hot prospect homers to left.

Best of all, there really is nothing to tie the team to the Cash Registers name, so they can make change when the revenue from team merch starts to turn dry. They can always switch to something catchy like the "Benjamins".

Important Legal Note:

I don't own any of the images posted here, so you'll need someone to create logos which capture the essence of what was posted here. Use the logos here at your own risk.

I do think this is an excellent idea, however. So, to any enterprising team out there looking to ca$h in on my idea, I only ask for two things:

1. Season tickets for as long as the team is named "Cash Registers"

2. One at-bat in some meaningless April game. I'm pretty sure I can take a HBP or draw a walk or something, and then you can pinch run for me.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I'm finally going to publish this to the world with the hopes it actually happens. About 15 years ago when I was in high school I came up with a team name that was stupid with a hint of legitimacy and perfect for selling merchandise and appealing to the youths... the Whatnots. Even came up with a logo that was a goofy looking question mark in pink and purple. I doubt I will ever have the chance to name a sports team so if someone out there with the power to do so reads this, please consider naming your team the Whatnots.

Ok, I have to admit that I would've gone for the Polka Pike. That is also very WI and could've made a fun mascot. But the Snappers was one of my favorite MiLB mascots.

Y'all really showing your age wanting Polka Pike and Supper Clubbers.

I don't think they are trying to entice the local nursing homes with the name.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Certainly Polka isn't "hip" these days (was it ever???). But the Brewers have played Roll out the Barrel at every game I've attended. It wouldn't surprise me if Beloit plays it every game also. It is more like a cult classic type thing.

What age range is Flying Carp actually targeting anyway?

Now:

[sarcasm]Get off my lawn!

What's a Bieber?!?[/sarcasm]

The thing that gets me is that they overlook the negative association to carp and the nuisance these geese add. They aren't called sky carp because they hang out all winter, they are associated with carp because they are unwanted and create an annoying mess with their droppings. Then toss in the closeness to the word crap and it all adds up to a big miss.

I'm very convinced this name was selected before any "competition" and the other 4 finalists were selected because it makes Sky Carp not seem so bad.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

• 2 weeks later...