Brewer Fanatic

Game 10: Seahawks @ Packers - Sunday, November 14th, 3:25PM

OldHeidelberg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, remember early in the season when a bunch of people here were calling for the DC to get fired?

Alot of season left yet. They went through a nice stretch of games last year too.

I was skeptical of the Barry hire, but figured he couldn't be any worse than Pettine. But this defense is substantially better. There really is no denying that.

Hey, remember early in the season when a bunch of people here were calling for the DC to get fired?

Alot of season left yet. They went through a nice stretch of games last year too.

I was skeptical of the Barry hire, but figured he couldn't be any worse than Pettine. But this defense is substantially better. There really is no denying that.

Yeah I will eat some crow on Barry, seemed like a terrible hire but they have really come on. On the flip side I was totally right about Capers and Pettine. :)

Defense is playing without what most people would probably say were its two best players in preseason. And there may be some crow to eat on King as well. He'll have to stay in the field though which has been the issue for him most of the time.

Starting to look pretty good though heading into poor weather season. I wonder when we'll see Bhaktiari, but the good news is we may see all 3 of them again this year which is fantastic.

Dline continues to play much better - still some spurts where they get gashed by a play or two when someone blows a gap assignment, but they really seem to be getting much better pass pressure up the gut without having to blitz. That makes those speed rushes by Gary more effective because the qb doesn't have tons of room to just step up in the pocket.

Might not be better coordinating with x's and o's...but definitely better play and coaching.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
seems like they aren't fooled our out of position very often at all.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

seems like they aren't fooled our out of position very often at all.

Definitely....and not having to blitz any time you'd want to pressure the qb at all really helps with limiting high stress coverages where a blown assignment leads to a huge play.

Even run downs don't have them needing 8 in the box just to slow the opponent down - bugs up front playing well up front makes so much difference.

I'm still skeptical of the Barry hire. It's 10 games, but it's nice to see the defense playing well.

Both Kevin King and Rashan Gary played phenomenal games today. Both have played well for a big part of the season. Whole buffets of crow are being served right now.

Stokes played phenomenal. King played well. King has played 4 games this year. I don't know that he's serving up a buffet of crow based on that body of work. Gary played well. The whole defense played well.

I hope Gary is starting to live up to the hype and provide some depth and talent to the GB Packers d-line. I also think the criticism the pick has received up til now has been somewhat valid. It sucks in the NFL to pay a 1st round pick for 3 years to develop, only to see them get really good at the end of that development cycle and then go somewhere else with that talent, if that's what they choose to do.

I'm still skeptical of the Barry hire. It's 10 games, but it's nice to see the defense playing well.

Both Kevin King and Rashan Gary played phenomenal games today. Both have played well for a big part of the season. Whole buffets of crow are being served right now.

Stokes played phenomenal. King played well. King has played 4 games this year. I don't know that he's serving up a buffet of crow based on that body of work. Gary played well. The whole defense played well.

I hope Gary is starting to live up to the hype and provide some depth and talent to the GB Packers d-line. I also think the criticism the pick has received up til now has been somewhat valid. It sucks in the NFL to pay a 1st round pick for 3 years to develop, only to see them get really good at the end of that development cycle and then go somewhere else with that talent, if that's what they choose to do.

Gary played as rookie and played a lot last year and made an impact. He was pick#12, not sure how that is a disappointment.

King has never been that bad of a player. He can't stay healthy. Either doesn't play at all or plays hurt. He's had a handful of god-awful plays at some inopportune times which has led to a drastic exaggeration of how bad he is and why he was retained. He will most likely be someone's starting corner next season, it just probably won't be here due to $$ and roster construction.

I am not saying he's some great player. But he's the NFL's version of a replacement level corner and has had a good few weeks.

Gary played as rookie and played a lot last year and made an impact. He was pick#12, not sure how that is a disappointment.

I didn't call Gary a disappointment. I said that the criticism of the pick has (IMO) been valid. He's a #12 pick who was thought by many to be a developmental pick. When you're a team that's in contention for the SB, a lot of people don't see using the 1st round pick on a developmental guy. He's a guy who's been learning on the job and looks to be a good player, nice rotational guy. I didn't say he was a disappointment, but I do see how the criticism of the pick has been valid. And if you get to the end of his rookie contract and he's just starting to reach his potential, that makes that criticism that much more valid.

I didn't call Gary a disappointment. I said that the criticism of the pick has (IMO) been valid. He's a #12 pick who was thought by many to be a developmental pick. When you're a team that's in contention for the SB, a lot of people don't see using the 1st round pick on a developmental guy. He's a guy who's been learning on the job and looks to be a good player, nice rotational guy. I didn't say he was a disappointment, but I do see how the criticism of the pick has been valid. And if you get to the end of his rookie contract and he's just starting to reach his potential, that makes that criticism that much more valid.

OK, I guess it’s the 3years to develop comment that made me respond, he has played from game 1 and has contributed.

Here's hoping Mercilus didn't suffer a major injury. He has been a godsend rotational rush guy. He is constantly getting pressure. Looks like major bullets, in the early going pre-tests, dodged for Gary and Jonesy.

That first FG appeared to be all on Mason. Quick and perfect snap. Good quick hold, laces out. Just a shank. Mason is back in one of those classic Mason funks it would appear after his blocking unit and snap/hold unit was letting him down for weeks. Wooof. Not a good development.

I still don't like a single thing I see in the play sequencing. Petals is out of synch. What I predominantly see is a Coach and QB entirely infatuated with their passing designs and creativity. What does this lead to? Stupid stuff like 2 Shotgun handoffs on 3rd and short. You can't have that. I haven't liked the flow of this offense all season and it continues after another victory. Their best football might be ahead of them. But, it might just be a season where they can't get the offense going. They need to find the will to commit to a run game that can dominate. I just don't see them doing that. It's all so patchy.

I can't believe it's the Defense at the halfway plus mark that is the glue of this Team. BUT, it is definitely the defense that has pushed this team. What a wild season.

I thought for certain CB was going to be our weakness after Jaire went down. Douglas has been amazing. Stokes has been great. Even King has been good after returning from injury. Just imagine if Jaire can come back this year and look like himself.

Douglas has made the secondary "whole". Where can I buy a number 29 jersey?