Brewer Fanatic

Jorge Soler

He'd probably play some OF, but primarily be the DH.

For all we know though, they just might have Hiura penciled in as the full time DH to start the season, and may not think they need anyone else.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I like Soler a lot and not because he was just World Series MVP. On days when you play him in RF, you can replace him with either Taylor or JBJ in the late innings. He could easily be a 40 HR guy again, maybe more. It will be interesting to see what he gets. I think he could be a guy you could sign for one year because if he puts up big numbers a year after winning Series MVP, he'd be in line for a huge payday. I'd be ecstatic if the Brewers signed Soler and dealt for Olson.

• 4 months later...

Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital reports that the Phillies, Twins and Brewers have also expressed interest in free agent outfielder Jorge Soler.

That makes eight teams reportedly in the market for the reigning World Series MVP, who hit .269/.358/.524 with 14 homers in his final 55 regular-season contests last year following a midseason trade to the Braves. The Phillies and Brewers would represent intriguing landing spots given their hitter-friendly home ballparks and the addition of the designated hitter in the National League. Stay tuned.

RELATED: Philadelphia Phillies, Minnesota Twins, Milwaukee Brewers

SOURCE: Hector Gomez on Twitter

Mar 12, 2022, 2:39 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS