Brewer Fanatic

These predictions don't even mention the Brewers...

TURBO

This is why I think Stearns is going to work some magic, since apparently we are not worthy of any of the top free agent talent...

I think he finds a way to sign a big bat, and trade for another one.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-predictions-offseason-2021-22?partnerId=zh-20211107-497523-mlb-1-A&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20211107-497523-mlb-1-A&bt_ee=5IUTod%2Fs70aQrZ2UctcqRbPKjlK08ouplffpkm9fmBFUe%2BA0MEW81kaK2bynbyCv&bt_ts=1636296153401

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I could see the Brewers making a move for Chris Taylor mainly because he can play several positions. I don't really know how I'd feel about adding his bat but he might make some sense.

I am also not very convinced they'll be wiling to spend a lot of money right now.

Basically I have no clue about anything but felt I should post something.

I don't expect the Brewers to do much until after the CBA is worked out. They won't know what they may be getting in revenue sharing or what might happen to the arbitration/pre-aby system. I wouldn't be surprised if the six years of control is changed which would certainly change the way they approach free agency and trades. Until we know what system MLB is working under it's probably not wise to dabble in the free agent market at all let alone get in on the big names.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I could see the Brewers making a move for Chris Taylor mainly because he can play several positions. I don't really know how I'd feel about adding his bat but he might make some sense.

I am also not very convinced they'll be wiling to spend a lot of money right now.

I think he makes a lot of sense, especially if the Crew also re-signs Escobar.

Taylor plays all over the diamond, and can give Yelich, Adames, Wong, Cain, and Escobar plenty of rest. Easily among those five, it'd be about 100 starts a season, and that doesn't include time at first base.

SP: Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta, Houser, Lauer, Ashby

RP: Hader, D. Williams, Suter, Cousins, Bettinger, Perdomo, Barker, Sanchez

C: Pina, Narvaez, M. Feliciano

IF: Wong, Adames, Urias, Escobar, Hiura, C. Taylor, Tellez

OF: Yelich, Cain, T. Taylor, Bradley, Ray

This doesn't include who could force their way up from the minors, like Weston Wilson, Garrett Mitchell, Dylan File, Ethan Small, Jamie Westbrook, Brice Turang, of course, but Taylor would make a lot of sense, and he and Escobar wouldn't break the bank, so to say.

You only need so many jack of all trades on the roster. They definitely wouldn't spend money on both. At some point, you need to get a premium bat. I don't think Taylor or Escobar are a premium bat.

You only need so many jack of all trades on the roster. They definitely wouldn't spend money on both. At some point, you need to get a premium bat. I don't think Taylor or Escobar are a premium bat.

Garcia had the 49th highest OPS in baseball in 2021, and the Brewers weren't willing to risk a 1 year/$18.4M contract for him. Escobar had the 69th highest OPS in baseball.

With that in mind, I assume that by "premium" you mean someone who can OPS over .900, but in 2021 there were only 15 players who did that and those guys cost a lot. Reynolds and Castellanos are names that have been thrown around. It'll be great if Stearns can somehow pull something off, but I think a lot of fans are setting themselves up for disappointment this offseason. The Pirates reportedly were asking for a package centering around the top prospect in baseball (which we couldn't match unless we trade one of our "big 3" MLB pitchers), and Castellanos' estimate from MLBTraderumors is 5 years/$115M, which I doubt we'll offer.

I think we're more likely to see "no black holes in the lineup" approach than we are to see the Brewers sign a $20M+ AAV bat for the middle of the order. If we want a 1.000 OPS guy, then Yelich better remember how to hit.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh