Brewer Fanatic

Connor Dawson and Ozzie Timmons - Brewers New Co-Hitting Coaches

Update: 2 Hires Official...

https://www.mlb.com/news/ozzie-timmons-connor-dawson-named-brewers-hitting-coaches

According to the Twitter post below, the Brewers are hiring Connor Dawson to their MLB coaching staff (presumably as hitting coach). He was their player development hitting coordinator. Wasn't sure of the strength of the source but it's starting to get picked up by a bunch of Mariners accounts that seemingly trust the source...

Breaking News: #Brewers are hiring Connor Dawson to their MLB staff. Dawson was previously a hitting coordinator with #Mariners player development.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mariners-moose-tracks-11-6-21-kyle-schwarber-wade-miley-and-alex-colom%C3%A9/ar-AAQormM

I imagine if this is true we'll have confirmation soon.

Edited by True Blue Brew Crew

From Haudricourt…

Stearns on why hitting coach structure is changing: “What we are doing is really a recognition that this has transformed into a very big job. Over last 3-5 years, as information continues to proliferate our game, we're asking more and more of our coaches."

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I've always believed that with so many different swings, approaches, and comfort zones with hitters it was hard to find a hitting coach that works for all. At least now with 2 hitting coaches, the Brewers will employ two guys who by background seemingly come with drastically different methodologies. And then the hope is more batters will find a comfort level with one or the other. The best recent example I can think of is Keston Hiura. It's clear that he did not take to Haines' emphasis on launch angle. Now maybe with two guys coming at this from two different backgrounds, more hitters will find one they click with.

Man. How am I supposed to know which one to blame when the offense sucks?

Wonder how prominently this features in the job description?

“Must be willing to take the slings, arrows, insults and barbs from random fans on internet websites when the offense struggles even when it’s probably not your fault”? :laughing

Man. How am I supposed to know which one to blame when the offense sucks?

When one of Yelich, JBJ, Hiura, or Cain goes white hott for 10games early and steps forward gloating about the work they did with.... You'll know who to complain about when that is their best 10 game stretch of the season.