Brewer Fanatic

Game 9: Packers @ Chiefs - Sunday, November 7th, 3:25PM

homer

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably give Love a 2 or 3 out of 10. Special teams was the real goal of the game. But Love was worse than his stat line will show.

Yeah it seemed pretty hopeless on offense but they blitzed him like crazy, at least he threw a few good throws late. His accuracy needs a lot of improvement if he is going to cut it as a starter some day.

I'd probably give Love a 2 or 3 out of 10. Special teams was the real goal of the game. But Love was worse than his stat line will show.

Yeah it seemed pretty hopeless on offense but they blitzed him like crazy, at least he threw a few good throws late. His accuracy needs a lot of improvement if he is going to cut it as a starter some day.

+1..... Accuracy was an issue.

Silver lining #1: the NFC North really sucks and this game will be inconsequential to the final division order.

Silver lining #2: Aaron isn't going to have COVID in February and January, and a defense that plays like this is good enough to get to the Super Bowl with an Aaron Rodgers led offense, particularly if Jaire is back.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
He's gonna kick himself when he watches the film. There were guys open on those blitzes. He kept forcing it to Adams.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He's gonna kick himself when he watches the film. There were guys open on those blitzes. He kept forcing it to Adams.

That's part of learning on the fly as an NFL starter....that defensive game plan doesn't work against him with more experience.

It would also help having a healthy line to give any qb enough time to go through progressions.

Love didn't play well enough to win, but he also didn't cause them to lose - thats on special teams.

Nah, Love was terrible. He did not look remotely like an NFL quarterback.

I'm not saying there is zero hope for him but there's no point sugarcoating it. He was awful. If Rodgers starts today the Packers win running away in spite of their special teams.

The special teams may have been "worse" but given that it was probably the worst special teams game in many of our lifetimes that is not saying much.

We are really stretching to see something that we liked in Love today and to put it bluntly there was nothing. We were in this game because the defense played incredible. That is the only reason.

Yeah, we pretty much expect the special teams to suck every week for the past 10 years and Rodgers almost always overcomes them. Love won't ever be able to do that. Maybe with hard work Love can be a serviceable backup in this league for a long time but that's about it.

He just doesn't look to me like he has that instinctive pocket awareness and the ability to read a defense. The physical tools are there. Tools aren't enough. JaMarcus Russell had tools. I'm not sure you can coach the areas in which Love needs work. I certainly hope to be wrong. But he looks like just another DeShone Kizer to me.

Yeah, we pretty much expect the special teams to suck every week for the past 10 years and Rodgers almost always overcomes them. Love won't ever be able to do that. Maybe with hard work Love can be a serviceable backup in this league for a long time but that's about it.

I didn't see the game but drawing this conclusion from his first meaningful live action is insane. The guy and team learned he was starting 4 days ago.

Before anyone says it, the standard simply can't be that Jordan Love should look as good as Aaron Rodgers did against the Cowboys. Rodgers may be a top 3 QB ever. Everyone needs to accept that the level of play we've seen at QB isn't going to continue.

But to claim "with hard work" his ceiling is a backup?

I thought after the Bucks don't have the will to win and the Packers CAN'T best the Cardinals you'd cool it for a little with these spicy takes.

Obviously not what you hope for from Love in his first start but a winnable game if they could kick field goals or field punts. I've always wished during the Rodgers era, that the Packers would invest a little in a reasonable veteran backup QB. They type of guy who could lead them to a win in a game where a large amount of points aren't needed.

I didn't see the game but drawing this conclusion from his first meaningful live action is insane. The guy and team learned he was starting 4 days ago.

Before anyone says it, the standard simply can't be that Jordan Love should look as good as Aaron Rodgers did against the Cowboys. Rodgers may be a top 3 QB ever. Everyone needs to accept that the level of play we've seen at QB isn't going to continue.

But to claim "with hard work" his ceiling is a backup?

I thought after the Bucks don't have the will to win and the Packers CAN'T best the Cardinals you'd cool it for a little with these spicy takes.

It's hardly a spicy take. I've been saying this since the day he was drafted.

Obviously not what you hope for from Love in his first start but a winnable game if they could kick field goals or field punts. I've always wished during the Rodgers era, that the Packers would invest a little in a reasonable veteran backup QB. They type of guy who could lead them to a win in a game where a large amount of points aren't needed.

I think they thought Love could be that guy. All I heard last year was "well at least at worst we'll have a great backup QB now" when in reality it doesn't work that way and just because you draft a project QB in the 1st round doesn't mean that he will at worst translate into a good backup QB.

It's hardly some Nostradamus level wisdom to "predict" that Jordan Love will be average or worse, guys. Most players don't really work out. Personally not a great believer myself but would be nice to see people rally behind the guy a little instead of declaring his career over after like 20 passes in game that was rapidly adapted to an offense he could run in 3 days.

Sorry but this isn't even giving him a chance to fail.

People really forget how terrible Rodgers looked in his first three games in relief of Favre. It wasn’t until his 4th vs. Dallas that he actually looked competent….

Love was better than that today. Not quite ready yet, but until Wednesday, he wasn’t expected to be.

I think they thought Love could be that guy. All I heard last year was "well at least at worst we'll have a great backup QB now"

I thought he filled that role just fine today. You need your backup QB to come into a game on short notice and give you a chance to win. Today, check.