Brewer Fanatic

6/8/06 Anna's (Dude) @ BF.net (Brewer Fever) 7pm

nullbyte

The Brewerfan.net squad hopes to make it two in a row as they take on Anna's...

Lineup:

1 BrewerJamie15 2B 2 Houlie24X LF 3 Razzzorsharp 3B 3B 4 AJAY LC LC 5 Brewer Fever P P 6 Dougjones43 RC LF 7 valpocrewsader SS SS 8 Bball123h 1B 9 nullbyte RF 10 Robin19 2B 11 radman12484 C 12 AJOHNSON104 RC 13 Iron Chef Napalm 1B 14 Brian the Automator C 15 Jimbo RF

(Out: Colbyjack)

Please post status changes and substitution scheme suggestions. (Alliteration, woo!) We should also take note of Jimbo's hit chart for Anna's.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas in regards who plays where defensively? Any changes? Try someone in a new spot? Substitution patterns?

I have a few thoughts, but I'll wait until tomorrow to post. Let's see what others have to say!

maybe a rover with speed would work well this game

Did anybody watch Anna's closely last week? I was shooting the breese with Al and wasn't paying attention. Just curious if the game was a duplicate of their first game.

I didn't watch too closely. Honestly, I think we are ok defensively for the most part. I mentioned Right and Right Center possibly needing a look in the late innings for arm strength, but even that is not bad at all with a cutoff man taking a throw.

Rover is probably not the way to go unless they force us to go that way after once or once and a half through the lineup.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Wait a second. I go 3-3 and get dropped from 11th to 12th?

I might also be getting there close to starting time.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Here are my thoughts:

*Last week's game: in our state of euphoria over our impending first win, we overlooked the opprotunity to try out a reserve pitcher in the sixth inning. The game moves along so quick. Anyone wish to volunteer to be that person, and speak up to the team when the next chance arises?

*Kudos to Iron Chef for keeping track of time. Keeping score, grabbing my watch each inning to check the clock isn't on the top of my mind. Anyone want to step up to the plate and be The Keeper Of The Time?

*Yes, I realize we agreed to keep the batting order in tact in the early going. But Robin19 has shown he can rake, putting him in the 12-slot does not do justice to the team. I think we should move him up two places to the 10-slot behind nullbyte ASAP. (We re-evaluate the order top-to-bottom after the fifth game?)

*So far one vote to use rover, one vote to maybe use rover after mid-game.

So I have two ideas:

For this game only, use valpo at rover - he's the best athlete. Move razzzor to SS.

Rover: valpo

SS: razzzor

3B: Robin

2B: Jamie, then sub nullbyte

#2:

3B: razzzor

SS: valpo

Rover: the two track guys...Johnson, then Jimbo

*Any thoughts about Iron Chef's substitution pattern?

Remeber Robin, nullbyte and Jimbo can't be on the field at the same time (scorekeepers).

*Left fielders: bring your sunglasses.

As far as the rover siutation goes, I have no problem if we use it or not but I would think it to be a mistake if we didn't use every opportunity to our advantage. Maybe if we started with a pretty good shift to the left and after one time through the lineup if we are getting beat by line drives and dunks then switched to a rover that might work best.

Quote:
Maybe if we started with a pretty good shift to the left and after one time through the lineup if we are getting beat by line drives and dunks then switched to a rover that might work best.

Pretty much what I was thinking, as well.

We have discussed use of a rover bofore and if it's something we should try, I think we try it after half the order or so. That way, we get a feeling for what's going on with the other team.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'll probably be there at about the same time, Ajay.

Anyone have any thoughts on Robin switching, either with razzzor or up two spots? If not I'll update the tentative lineup...

Sounds like most think it'll be best to wait before going to a rover position. Anyone have any more thoughts on substitutions?

Hmm.. the more I think about it, the more I wonder how necessary it is to rearrange anything to create a rover spot.. from your standard 4-person infield, 4-person outfield, if we just shift RC to CF, and CF to LC/rover, that accomplishes about the same thing and makes the change pretty easy. We might switch a few guys around at that point to get a better mix of infield/outfield skills but otherwise, maybe it's not too complicated.. at any rate, I'll update the lineup up top with the positions from last week and a few other minor changes, including moving Robin up in the order. As always, still subject to change http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived