Brewer Fanatic

Game 8: Packers @ Arizona - Thursday, October 28th, 7:20pm

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The last six games I wasn't sure exactly what we had in the Packers because we had some ugly wins against mostly poor teams.

Granted, I wasn't believing the AZ hype either, but this certainly was a legit test by comparison. We still aren't quite SB-worthy...but if we can start getting healthier (Jaire, Z, Bahk), we have something...

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a bailout by the defense. Terrible execution inside the opponents 5 yard line in multiple instances is inexcusable.

That's your takeaway? Wow, seems like a misearable way to be a fan.

Huh? I have zero clue what you're talking about.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I don’t think this one is even going to be close. Pack get blown out.

Can we put a lid on this Debbie Downer junk for awhile now?

We could also do without going back 20 pages to rub people's noses in it. A lot of people (myself included) didn't think we were winning this.

The last six games I wasn't sure exactly what we had in the Packers because we had some ugly wins against mostly poor teams.

Granted, I wasn't believing the AZ hype either, but this certainly was a legit test by comparison. We still aren't quite SB-worthy...but if we can start getting healthier (Jaire, Z, Bahk), we have something...

If this team can get healthy it could be one of the best teams GB has had in a while…

The D tonight was great and they were down 2 all-pro’s. Could be a legit top unit if you get those guys back

An interception in the endzone is absolutely a bailout but that doesn't mean I didn't thoroughly enjoy the game. It was a great game and I'd maintain it was great even had the Packers lost. But the team does deserve criticism for failing to put the game out of reach.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I said this a while back in the NFL forum, but the games I've seen Kyler Murry just doesn't seem to match the hype. He is a nice QB, but I don't see the MVP side of it. There was also a lot made about being the fastest player on the field, but I'm not sure he even had a run over 10 yards.... Honestly, he looked like a little better version of Heinicke.

I mean it was...just a simple prediction. He was wrong and said so. He didn't say "we have no shot because we suck."

Lafleur's play calling on the goal line was pathetic. Defense played great. Get healthy. Win the Super Bowl.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Getting Bahk back will be big…slide EJ back inside and probably will give them more confidence running from under center at the goal line. I think MLF/Rodgers probably don’t fully trust Runyon/Newman to get a good push in those goal to go situations when D has loaded the box

Heck of a bailout by the defense. Terrible execution inside the opponents 5 yard line in multiple instances is inexcusable.

They win with an incredible INT when things looked dire, on a short week, playing on the road against a great opponent while missing several All Pros. Your reaction in the immediate aftermath is to chirp about execution. That's what I'm talking about. Can't some of you just be nothing but thrilled for a minute?

Well never know…but really wonder how much Rodgers takes over or audibles in the red zone.

Just doesn’t make sense to me that this team can put together such great drives down the field then completely flip on their heads inside the 5 yard line. Would not be surprised at all if this is from Rodgers checking into what he likes

Getting Bahk back will be big…slide EJ back inside and probably will give them more confidence running from under center at the goal line. I think MLF/Rodgers probably don’t fully trust Runyon/Newman to get a good push in those goal to go situations when D has loaded the box

Couldn't agree more, of all the injuries I want the offensive line back fully healthy the most. They've been good enough moving guys around but the offense should take off if they're playing their preferred starters.

AJ Dillon deserves a better coach with his style of running. I was waiting on all 4 of those on the goal line to see them run Dillon at the FB with Jones option two at RB. Dive or off tackle. Huge 1st down earlier in 4th quarter on the dive run and they not 1 time went back to it? If Deguara wasn't on the field because Dillon is you don't blow a 5yard delay of game. Both goals to go from inside 5 yard line and Dillon I believe saw 0 snaps. Just trade him already with that ignorance and poor use of him.

I definitely feel that inside the 10. Rodgers and MLF 75pct of time decide who they will get the TD with. Cobb tonight with 2 and a 3rd defended on 4th. Jones on rushing TDs predetermined just can't go with Dillon.

They win with an incredible INT when things looked dire, on a short week, playing on the road against a great opponent while missing several All Pros. Your reaction in the immediate aftermath is to chirp about execution. That's what I'm talking about. Can't some of you just be nothing but thrilled for a minute?

Sorry but you are making everything up in your head. I'd recommend trying to enjoy the win without looking for people to snipe at.

Also, you must have missed this reaction in "the immediate aftermath":

[ quote=SeaBass]WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And this one:

[ quote=SeaBass]I think I just woke up everyone in my apartment building.

Edited by SeaBass

I mean it was...just a simple prediction. He was wrong and said so. He didn't say "we have no shot because we suck."

I guess its the "get blown out" line that irked me. I realize they were missing a bunch of offense tonight, but the defense has been pretty stout against some solid offensive teams. I personally predicted a low-scoring game tonight. Odds were obviously stacked against the Packers, but this is also the type of game that, in the past, Rodgers and the coaches have really stepped up to put together a great game plan. That's exactly what happened tonight. I'm not real sure what they team needs to do at this point to prove that Week 1 was an aberration.

The only thing I can think about with Dillon on the goal line was his fumbling issues (granted, it was the ground earlier in the game). But at a minimum the pony formation (Jones and Dillon) down there would've sure made a LOT of sense to keep the D guessing.

As the Vikings are destined to miss game-winning FGs... we are destined to fail on 1yd TD runs.

AJ Dillion had a great game and I was upset as anyone he wasn’t getting the ball more today…but let’s be real here, he really hasn’t proven to be that huge of a difference maker in his career. Heck he really hasn’t been proven to be the “bruiser” people like to call him.

Hardly has he been poorly used so far in his career. Maybe today is the start of him proving he needs a bigger “bruiser back” role…but I really don’t feel his has demanded that much before.

I guess its the "get blown out" line that irked me. I realize they were missing a bunch of offense tonight, but the defense has been pretty stout against some solid offensive teams. I personally predicted a low-scoring game tonight. Odds were obviously stacked against the Packers, but this is also the type of game that, in the past, Rodgers and the coaches have really stepped up to put together a great game plan. That's exactly what happened tonight. I'm not real sure what they team needs to do at this point to prove that Week 1 was an aberration.

To be clear I thought we always had a great chance in this one and that the "strategic loss" talk was pretty silly. I just saw this as a harmless prediction. Sometimes I think we'll lose too.

This is a good football team no doubt and Week 1 is well in our rearview mirror.