Brewer Fanatic

Game 8: Packers @ Arizona - Thursday, October 28th, 7:20pm

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
0ap3000000623966_video_player_cp.jpg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like ARI opened as 3.5 point favorites with the line moving to 6.5 now.

Vegas only thinks Davante/Lazard are worth like a field goal.

Lots of opportunity to get rich on this one.

It's generally not that important of an offensive position compared to QB or offensive linemen. It is a stat collecting position though so it appears to have a higher influence than it does.

I very rarely bet anymore but I am really going to think about the Packers straight up. I think it's a long shot, but definitely an intriguing one. You always have a chance with someone like Rodgers.

I very rarely bet anymore but I am really going to think about the Packers straight up. I think it's a long shot, but definitely an intriguing one. You always have a chance with someone like Rodgers.

This definitely seems like the type of game that Rodgers goes superhuman for. It's almost like he takes adversity as an additional challenge and raised his level of play to compensate.

JJ Watt ruled out for Thursday.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm not worried all to much without Adams and Lazard for the offense. Jones and Dillon are huge weapons that aren't utilized often because the need isn't there. Green Bay can definitely play long game reducing the possessions and keeping the score low and manageable for a win. If this game gets out of hand its because Green Bay falls behind and suffer a turnover that makes that game plan tougher to stick to. You can also suggest that Rodgers is a far superior QB than any Arizona's D has played against.

This will give a good test on how good Murray is and how good or bad the defense is for GB. We have definitely been fortunate on some poor QB play and you just think if a better QB were out there we'd be torched.

Unless he's going to sell them tires to outfit the bus going from the team hotel to the stadium, I doubt it LOL.

You never know when we might need a hail mary or a tire change... ;)

Could go down like this...

Thanks for the reminder about one of the multiple times our defense blew chunks in playoff OT and Rodgers never touched the ball.

Good times.

Defense actually played really well most of that game, too until it got gassed. Offense was nonexistent prior to those two heaves to Janis at the end of regulation to even tie it up. Huge play at the start of OT to Fitzgerald happened after a clean miss sack on Palmer, and coverage broke down.

I remember Shields missed 2 game-changing INTs in the red zone that probably would have led to a Packer win, too. There was also a fluky tipped pass that wound up being a TD for the cards with 4 minutes left in regulation.

Rodgers was also terrible for most of that game...not that he had much to throw to.

Thanks for the reminder about one of the multiple times our defense blew chunks in playoff OT and Rodgers never touched the ball.

Good times.

HIdDhLB.png

Usually when people get amped up for an exciting game, the Packers get destroyed. I find that when people give up and fear the opponent, they at least tend to play really well. This game is giving me serious vibes of the season they went to Houston and played the undefeated Texans and beat the brakes off them.

I dunno if tonight's a blowout, but I feel pretty good about the Packers chances. The defeatist attitude about a 6-1 team with an all-timer at QB is pretty astounding to me. I get thinking they're going to lose, and I get that some of their previous defensive performances are less than inspiring. But all this blowout stuff and basically losing on purpose to save injury...just sounds awfully weak.