Brewer Fanatic

2021 MLB Postseason: World Series Games

Eye Black

The Braves were pretty much considered the worst team in the postseason field, if they win the World Series it was a blown opportunity for everybody.

But not all blown opportunities are created equally, I'd say it was a bigger blown opportunity for the Astros (advanced to WS) or Dodgers ("best" team in baseball didn't win WS yet again) or Red Sox (advanced to ALCS) or Giants (won most games in MLB) or Rays (won most games in AL) than it was for the Brewers.

I am shocked by the lack of starting pitching in this series. I will say that the Brewers will never have had a more wide open better chance to win a world series than this year. Especially with the dh coming in. Blown opportunity.

The offense wasn't going to get it done, most of us knew that...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator

There's so much randomness to the postseason that it isn't worth lingering on it too much.

The Brewers are 0 for 6 in making the World Series this century, but the Braves were 0 for 12 prior to this year. And then they make it to the World Series with a team that likely ranks near the bottom of those 13 groups in terms of talent.

It really feels like the Brewers missed a golden opportunity to make a run this Postseason. I’m fine with Atlanta [likely] winning it all, but it doesn’t make it sting any less.

If they had any offense they would had a shot this year. This one stings

Congratulations to the Atlanta Braves on winning the World Series. I really didn’t want to see the Astros win the WS, especially since I thought they should have been suspended from the playoffs for at least 1 season but preferably 2.

It’s a bit frustrating that for 3 straight seasons the Brewers have been knocked out by the eventual WS winner.

Well on a positive side. The Braves 4 wins came with the Astros scoring: 2,0,2,0 runs. Clearly a pitching won series as it was against Milwaukee. Wasn't just our bad offense that made Braves pitching look good. Can we keep this Brewer team of pitching together and get some more hitting we are WS worthy.