Brewer Fanatic

2021 MLB Postseason: World Series Games

Eye Black

Odorizzi's last year in the Brewers org before being traded for Greinke, 2010 at Wisco, he threw to Cameron Garfield & Austin Stockfish. Some of the fielders backing him up were Hunter Morris, Scooter Gennett, Cutter Dykstra, Khris Davis, D'Vontrey Richardson & Kentrail Davis. Fellow pitchers included Nick Bucci, Maverick Lasker, Kyle Heckathorn, Eric Arnett, Hiram Burgos & Caleb Thielbar.

Brantley's last year in the Brewers org before being the PTBNL for CC, 2008 at Huntsville, he shared the lineup with Maldonado, Cain, Escobar, Gamel, LaPorta, Cole Gillespie, Angel Salome & Michael Garciaparra. The only pitcher with significant IP that rings a bell is Donovan Hand. Brae Wright (26 GS | 170 IP | 3.59 ERA) & David Welch (26 GS | 147 IP | 3.90 ERA) appear to have been the "co-aces" with Juan Sandoval (48 IP | 36 K | 27 BB | 3.38 ERA | 20 SV) as the closer.

So, Joc Pederson comes up and Joe Buck says, "Pederson struck out twice against Urquidy. He'll now have to deal with Javier" Smoltz replies with, "Joc is looking for a fastball. Urquidy will have to get him out with sliders"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm listening and watching because it's baseball. I'd kinda like to see Dusty win it. But I can't force myself to care too much. I'll hope for 7 interesting games of well-played baseball. I'll also say that it's nice to watch players who HIT and run and score, as opposed to our tepid lineup. Just thinking about our wienie offense makes me sad.

I don't really care who wins but I hope whoever does does it at home only to see Manfred get booed out of the building. Both fan bases have good reasons to boo this man. If the Braves win in Atlanta, he may as well just have someone else present the trophy.

I’ll bite. Why?

I don't really care who wins but I hope whoever does does it at home only to see Manfred get booed out of the building. Both fan bases have good reasons to boo this man. If the Braves win in Atlanta, he may as well just have someone else present the trophy.

I’ll bite. Why?

Probably because they moved the 2021 All Star Game out of Atlanta. Considering the pressure he was under with that decision, though, I'm no t real sure he had much of a choice.

I’ll bite. Why?

Probably because they moved the 2021 All Star Game out of Atlanta. Considering the pressure he was under with that decision, though, I'm no t real sure he had much of a choice.

All Star game thing with Atlanta and trash can gate with Houston.

If moving the All Star game was so important why didn't they move the World Series too? As far as I'm aware, nothing has changed regarding the reasons the game was moved. I'm not going to get into a discussion about all that but if you're going to make a political statement stick with it. Same with things the government in Texas has done lately too.

There's definitely a better way to try and promote change and make efforts to influence public opinion with at least half the general population than going the "take my ball and go play somewhere else" route - particularly in this case as it deprived arguably the friendliest metropolitan area in the country for minority small business owners (ATL) of roughly $100M in economic activity when they could've damn sure used it and shipped it to a city consistently ranked near the bottom in that category(Denver). Oh well, at least the 5% of people in the US that are hyperactive on twitter who largely don't give two craps about baseball stopped feigning outrage for 5 seconds before going back to being perpetually grouchy.

In the end that All Star game move looked petulant and divisive and probably did more harm than good in the long run - pretty much Manfred's M.O. now that I think of it...

Regardless, I'm hoping they promote Mattress Mack to hand out the trophy - no matter who winds up winning the Series he's gonna come out a winner!

I'm not going to get into a discussion about all that but if you're going to make a political statement stick with it. Same with things the government in Texas has done lately too.

or better yet, keep politics out of sports all together...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I've found myself torn watching this series, usually rooting for the team that's behind.

Feels like the Series hasn't really gotten going yet. ATL-LA was such a tense duel, and these first two games have felt well-decided by the middle innings.

I think I'm going ATL just out of weird NL pride and a masochistic desire to be able to more legitimately claim the road to the title runs through Milwaukee, haha.

Why would Houston boo Manfred? He's practically a folk hero for giving them a slap on the wrist for giving the game one of it's biggest black eyes in baseball history.