Brewer Fanatic

Game 7: Football Team @ Packers - Sunday, October 24th, Noon

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Savage is a go today but Preston Smith is out along with King again. It's really amazing how someone can be a huge waste of money both healthy and unhealthy.

King was playing very well against the Bengals before he went down with the shoulder injury. He is a skilled corner when matched up with the right type of opponent. I realize the narrative is that he sucks, and him being hurt is a blessing in disguise, but in reality, that isn't the case.

Savage is a go today but Preston Smith is out along with King again. It's really amazing how someone can be a huge waste of money both healthy and unhealthy.

King was playing very well against the Bengals before he went down with the shoulder injury. He is a skilled corner when matched up with the right type of opponent. I realize the narrative is that he sucks, and him being hurt is a blessing in disguise, but in reality, that isn't the case.

No, he pretty much blows.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you on most things Ron Robinson, but I'm going to go with the narrative take on this one that he does indeed suck and him being hurt is indeed a blessing in disguise.

Like every other player he has some games that are better than others but in general he is a total liability.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you on most things Ron Robinson, but I'm going to go with the narrative take on this one that he does indeed suck and him being hurt is indeed a blessing in disguise.

Like every other player he has some games that are better than others but in general he is a total liability.

That isn't really the case, though. He's had plenty of games as a Packer where he played well. However, he has had a handful of poor performances in big moments, and when combined with the number of games he's missed in his career due to injury, it has created a narrative that his is terrible, causing fans to overlook the times when he's played well.

I'm not trying to claim that the guy is some kind of world beater. He most definitely is not. But he also isn't a total liability out there when used correctly, either. Against the right types of offenses, and matched up on the right type of WRs, he's a solid CB. He's a large man for a CB, and typically does well when matched up on bigger, more physical WRs. It's the smaller, faster guys that have typically toasted him in the past. And part of that blame goes to coaching and scheme that is leaving him matched up on those types. He also tends to have a lot of injuries due to his physical play.

Kevin King is far from a great player, but he also gets a bad rap from this fanbase. He was expected to be a shut-down corner earlier in his career, and he most definitely isn't that. He has the talent to be a usable physical bump-and-run boundary CB on big WRs, though.

You want to defer to our offense to start the game? You got it. Have fun playing from behind all game long.

I'm sure there's an analytic out there somewhere relative to kicking off to start the game versus receiving as far as points per game but I've not read it.

You want to defer to our offense to start the game? You got it. Have fun playing from behind all game long.

I'm sure there's an analytic out there somewhere relative to kicking off to start the game versus receiving as far as points per game but I've not read it.

Maybe, but if you're the decided underdog playing against one of the best offenses in the game, deferring is probably not a good idea, especially when you're defense isn't very good.

A should have been sacked and should have been knocked down and they get the td. Edited by young guns
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."