Brewer Fanatic

Game 6: Packers @ Bears - Sunday, October 17th, Noon

OldHeidelberg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win, on the road in the division against a not really that bad team. Looks like Vikes may win, have to stay a step ahead and they got it done.

Carolina drives 96 yards and has converted 2 4th downs to score a td and converts the 2 pt to tie the game. 42 seconds left and 2 timeouts for the vikes, so plenty of time for them to kick a fg.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Big win, on the road in the division against a not really that bad team. Looks like Vikes may win, have to stay a step ahead and they got it done.

Carolina has converted 2 4th downs to score a td and xonverts tye 2 pt to tue the game. 42 seconds left and 2 timeouts for the vikes, so plenty of time for them to kick a fg.

Yea had to leave time in case they didn't convert 2. That first 4th down conversion from their own 5 was the big one.

I can see why the Panthers want to corner the market on all the available players in the secondary. They’re kind of hot garbage back there.

They came oh so close to knocking the ball out of Osbourne's hands on that key third down, really nice concentration and catch.

It’s really hard to complain about 5-1. They’re winning the games they should without David Bakhtiari, Za’Darius Smith, and Jaire Alexander. Rodgers looks invested in this season and the defense, despite its limitations, has gotten enough timely stops. Edited by nodakfan17

"I STILL OWN YOU! I STILL OWN YOU!"

Hahahahah! That was ........awesome.

This is going to get me through my week!

Rodgers was kind of bashful about it in his post game press conference, but it was apparently in response to a Bears fan giving him the double birds after that TD.

Edit: This feels a bit clownish now that the heat of the moment has passed, but I get that it was something the field mics picked up and not a public statement.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yiadom - I was upset he made final cuts, I'm upset he was starting, and I can't believe he is still on the roster. Who does he have pictures of??? Either make him a safety or cut him. He ISN'T a CB. We had Douglas come in without even knowing our defense and play 1000% better than Yiadom.

Defense - as a whole... I'm going to say it wasn't bad. Of course wasn't bad comes with the caveat that we were missing two starting CBs (complain what you want about King), Z-Smith is out, P-Smith left the game, Savage left, Clark was out a bit... No, it wasn't great D, but for what they had left, I thought they held up ok.

Newman looked bad out there. It is one thing to be beat on the field by Hicks (understandable), but he wasn't even paying attention to people running through the RT/RG gap... Made me wonder if Nijman-Jenkins-C-Runyan-Turner would've been better out there (Jenkins is also getting exposed at T with speed). Hopefully Newman bounces back quickly.

Rodgers - Anyone complaining about him screaming "I still own you" mid-game after an emotional TD is either a hater or a Bears fan. I loved the belt coming back out.

Yiadom - I was upset he made final cuts, I'm upset he was starting, and I can't believe he is still on the roster. Who does he have pictures of??? Either make him a safety or cut him. He ISN'T a CB. We had Douglas come in without even knowing our defense and play 1000% better than Yiadom.

Defense - as a whole... I'm going to say it wasn't bad. Of course wasn't bad comes with the caveat that we were missing two starting CBs (complain what you want about King), Z-Smith is out, P-Smith left the game, Savage left, Clark was out a bit... No, it wasn't great D, but for what they had left, I thought they held up ok.

Newman looked bad out there. It is one thing to be beat on the field by Hicks (understandable), but he wasn't even paying attention to people running through the RT/RG gap... Made me wonder if Nijman-Jenkins-C-Runyan-Turner would've been better out there (Jenkins is also getting exposed at T with speed). Hopefully Newman bounces back quickly.

Rodgers - Anyone complaining about him screaming "I still own you" mid-game after an emotional TD is either a hater or a Bears fan. I loved the belt coming back out.

I know it was the Bears offense....and I know Fields didn't see a wide open ARob streaking down field....but given the injuries, I actually think the Packers defense played well and I am cautiously optimistic that with some health and a few more games in this system, this unit might actually turn into a pretty solid group. They have done a pretty solid job at limiting big plays and Stokes looks like he can be a solid #2 CB this year. I think that as we hit the stretch run we might look at this team as one of the most complete that Green Bay has had in a while...of course, this is assuming they start to get some health.