Brewer Fanatic

2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD

torts

off-season has officially started for Milwaukee, and I am OFFICIALLY PUMPED FOR NEXT SEASON! NO REST FOR THE OPTIMIST!

Rotation? CHECK.

Bullpen? DOUBLE CHECK.

Infield? TRIPLE CHECK.

Could they use some help in the outfield and DH? SURE!

OH DH YOU SAY? YEAH THATS GOING TO HAPPEN!

I have no reason to not believe Stearns and Co. will make some moves!

LETS GO BREWERS!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I’m sure there will be moves. I think we need help in the pen. Traded some good guys and a couple of free agents but DS seems to find help. I think Garcia is gone and maybe JBJ or Cain. Should be an interesting off-season. I know this year ended poorly but have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year.

I think if people are expecting a lot of moves this off season they'll be disappointed. That's not a bad thing. After all when a team is as good as we were and have most of it's players coming back there isn't much that needs to be done. There will be tweeks. There will be some additions and perhaps a surprise non tender or two but, for the most part, this team is already good to go.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

A new hitting coach will take this team to a new level! Haines had the amazing honor of making every offensive player besides Urias and Adames worse. Improvements aplenty!

Going by OPS+ Kolten Wong, Omar Narváez, Avisaíl García, Lorenzo Cain, Rowdy Tellez, Manny Piña, Jace Peterson and Daniel Vogelbach all had similar years as their career norms this season. Some a little better, some a little worse but all were within the range one would expect given their career trajectory so far.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I’m sure there will be moves. I think we need help in the pen. Traded some good guys and a couple of free agents but DS seems to find help. I think Garcia is gone and maybe JBJ or Cain. Should be an interesting off-season. I know this year ended poorly but have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year.

How do we move JBJ with that salary?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

this is the optimism thread! :laughing I THIS thread there's always a way.

With all the deferrals JBJ is only getting paid 3.666 million in 2022, that shouldn't hinder the Brewers too much in their offseason pursuits.

Offseason should be pretty straight forward. Get a couple two tree bats for the RF/1B/DH (hopefully) mix. I'm optimistic Stearns & company will figure out a way to get something interesting done.

I'm optimistic they can afford to eat his salary and simply let him go. They did it for Suppan way back when.

I don't see how you couldn't be optimistic. The thing that made us good in 2021 was our starting pitching and back-end bullpen, and all of those key players (Burnes/Woodruff/Peralta/Lauer/Houser/Ashby/Hader/Williams) are coming back while still in the prime. We will be coming into 2022 with likely a top 5 pitching staff.

Meanwhile, it would be difficult for the offense to not be better in 2021. Yelich is still capable of turning back into an MVP-caliber player. JBJ will almost surely have a bounce back season (and believe it or not he is actually capable of All Star performance). A full season of Adames, who is an All Star level performer. Hiura (who was supposed to be our second best offensive contributor this season....) perhaps not totally useless? Urias quietly one of the best super-utility guys in the major leagues.

I just hope they get serious about 1B/3B and bring in a decent offensive contributor there. No reason to get cheap while we still have Burnes/Woodruff/Peralta in their prime.

Stearns is going to make his biggest and most exciting trade since Yelich. Pretty confident.

I agree, and I haver a sneaky suspicion it might involve Urias and or Hader if we get a big bat 3B.

I'm content with Urias as our opening day 3B to be honest, but we really need a power hitting, consistent 1B and RF.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

this is the optimism thread! :laughing In THIS thread there's always a way.

EXACTLY!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

This is a good team.

- Rotation of Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Houser, Lauer and Ashby is really nice. Small can be integrated in as well. This is such a great asset.

- Hader and Williams are great. Need to find a couple of reliable guys to go with Cousins and Suter. But the nice thing about the bullpen is you can retool on the fly.

- Adames, Wong, Urias and Rowdy should be good for the IF. And if we can resign Pina to go with Narvaez - catcher is set.

- Cain was a very effective player when healthy (big caveat at this age). So I'm good with him in center.

- You have to count (hope) on Yelich to rebound - to some extent. A player like him just doesn't fall off a cliff at age 28. So we just have to count on him being healthy and working on things to get back to being a quality player.

- Taylor had a nice season. If we don't bring back Avi, I think he can be a solid replacement.

- Minor league bats - poised to help in the majors - have been lacking. Another year of experience for Turang, Mitchell, Frelick and others should help tremendously.

As I said, even losing Avi, I think this is a good team. The offense needs Yelich to rebound - which I think it can do. And having Adames a full year will be great. Plus, I think Urias can improve at the plate as well.

This is a good team.

- Rotation of Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Houser, Lauer and Ashby is really nice. Small can be integrated in as well. This is such a great asset.

- Hader and Williams are great. Need to find a couple of reliable guys to go with Cousins and Suter. But the nice thing about the bullpen is you can retool on the fly.

- Adames, Wong, Urias and Rowdy should be good for the IF. And if we can resign Pina to go with Narvaez - catcher is set.

- Cain was a very effective player when healthy (big caveat at this age). So I'm good with him in center.

- You have to count (hope) on Yelich to rebound - to some extent. A player like him just doesn't fall off a cliff at age 28. So we just have to count on him being healthy and working on things to get back to being a quality player.

- Taylor had a nice season. If we don't bring back Avi, I think he can be a solid replacement.

- Minor league bats - poised to help in the majors - have been lacking. Another year of experience for Turang, Mitchell, Frelick and others should help tremendously.

As I said, even losing Avi, I think this is a good team. The offense needs Yelich to rebound - which I think it can do. And having Adames a full year will be great. Plus, I think Urias can improve at the plate as well.

Don't forget about Keston, I refuse to believe the kid is done!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This is a good team.

Don't forget about Keston, I refuse to believe the kid is done!

Keston has a world of talent. Too much talent. I hope we unlock it.

• 1 month later...
Yo, I am still FEELIN this off-season! Cy young! Some firings and hirings! Couple of stealth moves. I am in to it. All of it.

PrinceFielderx1 Said: