Brewer Fanatic

Stearns Post Season Press Conference Article

TURBO

Is there video or a different article on this? Hiura in the outfield and Urias at third base didn't even have any quotes of Stearns'. Did Stearns actually mention Hiura in the OF and in RF (LOL) or is something the writer is assuming? The article kind of sucks...and that is nothing against you turbo, I still appreciate you posting it.

Is there video or a different article on this? Hiura in the outfield and Urias at third base didn't even have any quotes of Stearns'. Did Stearns actually mention Hiura in the OF and in RF (LOL) or is something the writer is assuming? The article kind of sucks...and that is nothing against you turbo, I still appreciate you posting it.

The good news is that this positioning conversation is really only relevant if he figures out how to hit again. Brewers will gladly accept a below average fielder, regardless of the position, if he's swinging the bat like he did in 2019. If he's hitting like the past two seasons though it won't matter what position he's playing because it'll be for Nashville or another organization.

Did Stearns actually mention Hiura in the OF and in RF (LOL)

Is he working on his sprints? I assume they're not going to try to have him throw that far, so he would have to run every ball back in.

This is from McCalvy's writeup:

“I think there's a skill set that can play out there,” Stearns said. “I think he can catch fly balls. So, that's not something we've dug deep into, but as we look towards potential multi-positional players, that's probably something that we'll talk about as we go forward.”

Did Stearns actually mention Hiura in the OF and in RF (LOL)

Is he working on his sprints? I assume they're not going to try to have him throw that far, so he would have to run every ball back in.

This is from McCalvy's writeup:

“I think there's a skill set that can play out there,” Stearns said. “I think he can catch fly balls. So, that's not something we've dug deep into, but as we look towards potential multi-positional players, that's probably something that we'll talk about as we go forward.”

Lol what a glowing review, “I think he can catch fly balls.”

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This isn't to say that Keston Huira can be an average or even below average outfielder, but remember that Yount moved from SS to the outfield because of his throwing shoulder surgeries. Like OSS said, it's a different kind of throw. It's often a longer throw, and if you don't have a strong arm, guys might occasionally take an extra base on you, but it's easier to hide a noodle arm in the OF than it is on the IF.

OF/IF arm strength are really two different animals. I doubt he's a + at either, but he may be mediocre enough in RF. Different types of throws.

His problems at 2b were all throwing mechanics and accuracy, but his arm had plenty of strength/velocity.